CMHC buys Carnon Downs

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Wow, Carnon Downs is a pretty decent site, and well located except for one point. In high summer, when leaving the site, you are almost guarranteed to hit heavy traffic within a mile or so. Unless you know the back roads through Come to Good and Bissoe.

But yes, that is an excellent acquisition.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just been looking at this site it looks excellent but I do like the 2 bedroom Chalet that you can hire just in case i think that to far to tow

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Its a fabulous site, been twice your lucky to get a pitch anywhere near summer always full
It will now be ruined by the CAMC as the pitches are spacious and well spaced apart, I have a feeling not for much longer!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are booked for2 weeks in August /September this year, club has said nothing likely to change for this season, but I agree with you Darren H it will be too tempting to resist increasing the number of pitches, and almost certain to alter the entrance with barriers etc, time will tell, who knows the club might make improvements?

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
We are booked for2 weeks in August /September this year, club has said nothing likely to change for this season, but I agree with you Darren H it will be too tempting to resist increasing the number of pitches, and almost certain to alter the entrance with barriers etc, time will tell, who knows the club might make improvements?
"Nothing likely to change this season" meaning bulldozers on the way for next 😅
Enjoy your stay, we pitched just to the right of the entrance both times, fully serviced i think.
Just down the road from a small car park at Devron area is a coast to coast cycle track, really nice, especially on electric!
And I'm sure we did a walk from the rear of the site down to the waters edge

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-074530_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-074530_Maps.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Good to see the club expanding its site portfolio although possibly better id they looked at areas with less provision for members.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If you can't get into Carnon Downs, there's a nice little adults only site called Carnon Wollas less than half a mile away (https://carnonwollastouringpark.co.uk/). All the pitches are fully serviced. We stayed there last September and will definitely return when we are next in the area.
Thanks for the information I written it down that sounds like it would be our idea site with fully service pitches (y)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Its a fabulous site, been twice your lucky to get a pitch anywhere near summer always full
It will now be ruined by the CAMC as the pitches are spacious and well spaced apart, I have a feeling not for much longer!
Simon, the owner of Carnon Downs, used to run Leverton Place which was a CC a CC affiliated site, and none the worse for it - he sold Leverton Place to developers and it's now shops.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts