Coachman 540/4 VIP 2001

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ive just bought the above named caravan from a local dealer and i myself are very happy with it,

Has anyone any experience of owning this particular type of van or can give me any tips or advice. Much appreciated it would be

Regards

Davie

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We have never had a 540/4 but have had a 2001 pastiche 520/4 which was very very good indeed, very well built plenty of spec and good to tow allthough we did have an issue with stability when it was new but this was found to be down to the tyre pressures which where incorect.

We then purchased a 2002 VIP 520/4 which somebody had failled to collect from the dealer so swapped the pastiche as the VIP was so cheap for a new van, we saved the amount the others had paid in deposit, again this van was superb and very well made we had not one single fault.

After about 18 month we realised that with the kids growing up we really needed more space and had the chance of an ex demo 2004 laser 590/4, we bought this van and absolutely loved it, however somebody ran in to the side of it and basically the van was a write off, whilst we had the van we once again had no problems.

After the accident we decided to try another manufacturer and bought an ace twin axle, we hated this van within 3 month of having it and the build quality was appaling so last month we went back to the dealer and bought another coachman, this time a VIP 530/4 fixed bed model, we havent really had the van long enough to comment but every thing works and the fixtures and fittings are top quality.

Personally i think as long as your van was looked after by its previous owner and serviced correctly then you will find that it will give many more years of excellent use, you have purchased a van made by one of the higher end manufacturers with an excellent reputation and i think you will be very happy with it. enjoy.

Oct 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi, we have had 2 Coachman Pastiche Vans 520/4 460/2 great build quality, on the heavy side but a pleasure to own, no faults at all

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts