Coachman Acadia

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Had a quick gander at the 545, my god its heavy, 1597kg MTPLM, beyond my car even if I knock off the nose weight of 85 kg, its 10 kg over my cars towable mass

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
no idea,
I wouldn't choose a car to tow a caravan, I'm the other way around, caravan has to fit my current vehicle.
My Coachman is 1550 mtplm, 85kg noseweight and the van isn't loaded to the max, last year emptied it completely then weighed absolutely everything, and in true me fashion, cant find the bit of paper I wrote everything down on!

In order to lighten the Pastiche 575 I removed the spare wheel and carrier plus carpets and always drain down water and bog before towing, never load our clothes or personal effects, they all go in 3 big holdalls in the car.

I'm just window shopping at the moment, at this current time I'd buy Elddis tbh, ensuite layout, for us it seems the right and its within weight

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darren H
You might want to check the Elddis warranty,as far as I know body panels 1 year, and water ingress only covered if it enters through a seam.

Reactions: Darren.H
May 7, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that Coachman models are generally weigh more than their competitors, but then again they are normally first or second in the magazines customer surveys in competition with Adria, whose products also weigh more. Possibly weight equates to better build, but at the same time it rules some people out. The Arcadia 520 might work for you if you can live without the fixed double, but otherwise I would look at other makes unless you plan to change the car soon. Their is a long waiting list for many models at the moment, so you might be looking a date well into the future if you order one now.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Darren H
You might want to check the Elddis warranty,as far as I know body panels 1 year, and water ingress only covered if it enters through a seam.

Funny you should mention that. I had my service done last Wed and I was discussing my forthcoming insurance job with the service guy, and that brought us onto vans and leaks. He said that of all the makes they deal with in respect of water ingress, they had more issues with Elddis than any other.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That applies to all brands and not just Elddis.
Both my Bailey and current Swift have had three main panels between them. Bailey front plus rear. Swift a rear. The Swift was replaced under warranty just before it’s fifth birthday. The Bailey in years two and three. The failures were cracks in abs panels and the Swift’s were definitely not on a seam.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Rear panel on my Coachman replaced at 3 years old for small crack coming from a screw in the awning rail. Pilot holes were not being done just screws, straight through the panels. 20160812_134248.jpg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Hutch the van is service every year any issues it is dealt with at that time but so far pleased with it at the present time
A small crack like the one shown, with say 9 months of rain and snow, could make a real mess of your caravan. I check mine every time out and when putting it away.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
BB. You’re brave I wouldn’t let him check a helicopter 😁😁.
12 years on the Wyoming has a couple of minute hairline cracks on the rear panel. On each side. Hardly visible. No elongation last five years so no crack stop drill holes done. However I treat them 3 or 4 times a year with Capt Tolley’s magic mix. Seals the crack and allegedly holds it together 🤞🤞🤞

May 7, 2012
Visit site
All makes seem to have had them but judging by internet forums posts Eldiss had by far the most. Their problem with the one year guarantee is they give longer for water ingress and the cracks cause this so they have to deal under that section.
You also can claim against any dealer who sold it, as it is defective, and presumably the builder covers them for this, and against any finance company so all is not lost there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts