Coachman Pastiche 460/2

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hello Everyone

I wonder if any of you out there own a Coachman Pastiche? We have one currently on order, waiting delivery. However, a recent survery by the Camping & Caravanning Club on a Coachman VIP revealed an annoying "Whirring" sound from the battery charger.

At the time of order we pointed out to the salesman the annoying sound and he said "It was probably due to the caravan being used at a show and the battery was low.". Now I am beginning to wonder if his explanation was satisfactory. Since we are light sleepers and the noise eminates from directly under where my head may be I am rather conserned.

Does anyone have this problem with their caravan?

Any info would be great.

Ann

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
not now but i did when we bought the van back in 2004, i suspect that you have the same issue as we did back then with our senator.

ist charger fan running just about all the time, as you kept awake at night, charger under the bed.

complained issued another, this one the fan (which is for cooling the charger/psu)cut in 10 degrees higher, dam thing was worse than the first, because it cut in and out more often. Dealer gave me the same excuse that you got, not a chance says i, the charger has been on a week, the battery charge is next to nothing, and at night that's about all that's running of the charger.

finally got a completely different charger, were the cooling fan only cut it if the current demand required it.

The charger is now perfect, just like the one we had back in 1997 to 2004 with our avondale.

It appears that the caravan industry takes one step back, rather than forward at times.

But i could be wrong in your case?

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
We have a 2008 Pastiche, and yes the charger does make a noise some of the time, but at night with only the fridge on mains and lights turned off the charged does not make any noise at all. During the day the charger does not always make a noise, and when it does we don't notice it.

We hope you enjoy your new Coachman, we have been very pleased with ours. After two seasons use it is still in perfect order and we are not looking at changing it.

Don't forget about joining the Coachman Owners Club also.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Pastiche as been the best van i,ve bought. We have owned it now for 31/2 Yrs and no recalls. Cant say that for the previous nightmare. The COC is a very good way to meet like minded people, they have some really good meets including the infamous Factory visit, best wishes Bazz.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Thank you all who responded. I have been in touch with Coachman and I am fairly satisfied that we won't have a problem. Apparently it is a new inovation for 2010 models (as you might just know!) not tried and tested.

The 'wee ***' before retiring sounds an excellent idea and I guess toh will be delighted to use this as an excuse! Maybe we will start early with the golden nectar!

Ann

TRENDING THREADS