Coachman VIP 520/4 Tyre Pressure

Oct 16, 2006
Visit site
I would recommend 52psi this is lower than Coachmans recommended 62psi but personally I find that to high and the 52psi has served me well for over 20000 miles with our 520/4

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Davie - my van is a 2006 VIP520/4 the tyre pressures stipulated in the Specification are 60psi/4.1 bar. it would be questionable whether you should change this value. If you have, (god forbid) an incident involving tyres or wheels etc, you may have a insurance invalidation or a warranty problem.

I bought myself a torque wrench from Halfords

Oct 16, 2006
Visit site
I think you are getting mixed up with your torque settings it should be 110n, not 110ft,lb the max recommended by Coachman on alloys is 85ft,lb as for tyre pressures my recomendation of 52psi comes after many miles of testing and discussion with both Coachman and the dealership it was purchased new from as you are I am sure aware pressure rises as the tyre warms up and I find running at 52psi (CHECKED COLD) gives the most stable tow

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you are getting mixed up with your torque settings it should be 110n, not 110ft,lb the max recommended by Coachman on alloys is 85ft,lb as for tyre pressures my recomendation of 52psi comes after many miles of testing and discussion with both Coachman and the dealership it was purchased new from as you are I am sure aware pressure rises as the tyre warms up and I find running at 52psi (CHECKED COLD) gives the most stable tow
Stephen - I apologise for my error in the given values for the Wheel studs and nuts - you are correct in your figures of

Torque Settings for:

Steel wheels 65 lbs/ft (88Nm)

Alloy Wheels 85 lbs/ft (110 Nm)

Regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stephen - I apologise for my error in the given values for the Wheel studs and nuts - you are correct in your figures of

Torque Settings for:

Steel wheels 65 lbs/ft (88Nm)

Alloy Wheels 85 lbs/ft (110 Nm)

Regards
Stephen - I have in front of me their 2006 Models Technical Specifications for the following model and it clearly states and I quote

Tyre Pressures (at quoted MTPLM)

Amara 520/4 62psi /4.3 bar

Pastiche 520/4 60psi / 4.1 bar

VIP 520/4 60psi / 4.1 bar

whilst I accept that you have found that running your caravan at lower pressures are ok for you, I will be running my caravan at the figures given by coachman in their specification booklet, until I have your figures supported in writing and I will be writing to them on the matter. I would hope that you are not thinking I am doubting your information here but if yours are correct I would hope they will withdraw the current specs and issue a addendum to the manual. Regards FKG

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts