Coed Helen CC site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anybody have any comments on the above site. We are looking for good sites in N wales suitable for children ( 6yrs ) and its down to Bryn Gloch or Coed Helen. You know the standard of CC sites and its near to the town (but 51 pitches in 2 ac`s , is it not crowded? )But Bryn Gloch looks great in the pictures and in the write ups.

I notice a distinct lack of posts for N Wales ...any reason ? thanx in avance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Went there aboutthree years ago the site was full but it didn't seem crowded. Nice grassy site within walking distance of Carnarfon but there is swing bridge you have to cross to get there and they open the bridge at 8.00 I think so you have to be back across or take your car and take the long way around. Take note of the instructions of when to arrive as the lane to the site is very narrow and there is no chance of two outfits passing each other unless of they have altered it. Hope this helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can honestly say this is the worst CC Site we have stayed at. We stayed one night then moved to continue our 2 week break.

It is small very muddy, showers loos filthy. Loos etc in port a cabin.

What was worse for us we got the last pitch next to a delightful family, that persisted on letting their teenage boys urinate up the side of their van while we where eating.

The warden appologised when we left. said they felt ashamed because of the state of the place.

It needs removing from the club.

We moved to Ffestiniog, usual standards, pub at entrance. Very nice site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
stayed on this site last Easter. If you like the great outdoors, fresh air and walking it is brilliant. We had a fantastic week but did use it as base for visiting the whole of the area - highly recommended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts