Colour

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, as a new member of PC, but a number of years of touring with motorhomes and a fair selection of caravans, I expect this question has been asked before so please don't shout all at once but here goes, why are all caravans white, is there a reason for no other colour choice as in cars and what would you guys think if you could choose.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Until about ten years ago caravans came in green as well as white, I think that the Avondale Landranger series were green and of course Bailey caravans are a still sort of cream colour and Swift offer a silver sides option.
I suspect that the almost universal choice of white by manufacturers now has some economic benefit and a standard colour for panels makes for ease of repair.
It wasn't so very long ago that domestic bathrooms came in Avocado or that dreadful dark orangy pink colour, but fortunately tastes change and I'm quite happy to stick to white both in bathroom furniture and caravans
smiley-cool.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
White reflects the most heat and keeps the caravan cooler. Dark caravsn would absorb heat so one with a black front would absorb the most heat. Great for winter but a killer in summer.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
The eighties saw the greens of the Elddis' and the blues of the ABI's and quite a few creams, always easy to spot them and age them whereas the graphics of many any less easy to date.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
One of the Continental manufacturers, I can't remember which, announced that for 2014, they will be offering a free choice of colour as a factory-fitted option. However, also if I remember rightly, the cost mentioned was quite exhorbitant. I think is was somewhere between 3000 and 4000 Euros.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts