Combi (E) Plus Heating Issue

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Have a 2015 Coachman 575/4. Transverse bed and end bathroom. First time that I have had a van with the Truma Combi (E) Plus system and having issues on the heating side (water heating is fine). The system does not maintain heat overnight, tried both ECO and High settings but after being set at 18/20 degrees (for example) overnight the system struggles to maintain 12 degrees. During the day once the outside temp has risen the system seems to have no issue maintaining a higher temperature. Have tried switching the hot water to off overnight to see if that made a difference but it did'nt. Any suggestions as to what the issue could be?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Jennifer,

You don't tell us the exact model of heater you have. And you haven't told how long you have owned the caravan. If you purchased it second hand recently then you may still have some dealer warranty cover to help.

The Truma web site for the Combi range , indicate all models have the same basic operating principles.

Just in case you do not have the operating instructions you might find this helps

Page 4 gives you the introduction to trouble shooting. If you cannot resolve it using the instructions then you will need to seek professional help.

Your dealer or mobile engineer from the Approved Workshop Scheme wold be the most likely able to help.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree you need to go through the trouble shooting routine but do wonder about what you are using to power the heater is it gas, electricity or he mix setting. I think though that as the Prof says if you clear the problem using the trouble shooting guide you should call in an engineer unless you have just bought it from a dealer and in that case go back yo the dealer.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi
Have you looked underneath the van to see if the heating ducts go under the floor in places eg across the door way, this can cause a lot of heat loss when the outside temperature drops, if so you could insulate the duct outside we did this to our blown air heating and it made a significant difference

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts