Come on own up it's in the van but never used

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
im always in jacksons or pedleys. make sure you flash your cc card because you get 5% off from both shops.

weve just bought some chocks from go outdoors and a kojak hydralic jack from pedleys for the hillhead trip. proberbly wont even use them.

we have the electronic monopoly game in the van. it comes in every new van we have had. this is the 4th new van and we still havent played with it.

i did have a toaster and a sandwich toaster but i sent them home didnt use them.

jo-anne

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
herself has ornaments all over the van which serve no useful purpose, but must be taken "because they make the van homely". All it needs to be "homely" is me, herself and a bottle of whisky!!!(and the dogs, of course)
emmerson can you give us a clue as to the ornaments. Then when the wife has me on the leed she can spot yourself.

tash

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
The shower compartment --- never used it for showering BUT it is an ideal storage area for bedding during the day. At night we use it to store the spare seating/cushions.

Ann
Guilty 'Spare seating/cushions'.

tash

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
50 metres of satellite co-ax cable. Why on earth I thought I would need it, god knows. The shrink wrapping around it is so old its discoloured.

Cheers

Alan

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
50 metres of satellite co-ax cable. Why on earth I thought I would need it, god knows. The shrink wrapping around it is so old its discoloured.

Cheers

Alan
Well done alan you have cornered the market in satellite co-ax cable. Stick it on ebay and make your fortune.

tash

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
My under powered Ford of bygone times towing an old caravan seemed to tow ok with pots, pans and gadgets from the house and the kids toys and the sink cupbords and every nook and cranny filled with the right brand of beans. Marmite, crisps, Robinsons squash and more. Pre M25 I was happy chugging along A25 towards Dover for a trip to meet Dave near Paris and down to StJeanDM. After a while he took over diving and decided that the car was not pulling as it should. When we stopped on route he could not beleive what I had packed in. I must have oveloaded by at least a 100kg if not more. Never again.

Lots of questions about cars being suitable to tow a chosen caravan, how many know what weight they carry when loaded if they are carrying unused toasters and cables. Questions about nose weight problems could be partly related to carrying unused goodies as well.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We changed caravans (twice due to flooding) last year and before that we were on a seasonal pitch for years. The garage is now half full of stuff in plastic crates that 'would come in usefull for the caravan'

Watch out for me on fleabay one day when I've had a sort out.

In our caravan now Herself keeps a small old teddy bear that she fell in love with at a jumble sale many moons ago.

The teddy seems to have taken to the itinerant lifestyle because it's been in every caravan sincee 1999.

I'm not sure if it's the same one but if it is there's a tin of salmon in the cupboard that's probably covered more miles in the tin than when it was alive and swimming in the North Atlantic.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
We changed caravans (twice due to flooding) last year and before that we were on a seasonal pitch for years. The garage is now half full of stuff in plastic crates that 'would come in usefull for the caravan'

Watch out for me on fleabay one day when I've had a sort out.

In our caravan now Herself keeps a small old teddy bear that she fell in love with at a jumble sale many moons ago.

The teddy seems to have taken to the itinerant lifestyle because it's been in every caravan sincee 1999.

I'm not sure if it's the same one but if it is there's a tin of salmon in the cupboard that's probably covered more miles in the tin than when it was alive and swimming in the North Atlantic.
Higher mileage Salmon in a can. I like that;-)

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
The spare gas bottle. I have never used it as the other one is in use.

When the spare becomes the one in use it's no longer the spare !

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
im always in jacksons or pedleys. make sure you flash your cc card because you get 5% off from both shops.

weve just bought some chocks from go outdoors and a kojak hydralic jack from pedleys for the hillhead trip. proberbly wont even use them.

we have the electronic monopoly game in the van. it comes in every new van we have had. this is the 4th new van and we still havent played with it.

i did have a toaster and a sandwich toaster but i sent them home didnt use them.

jo-anne
Is that plain or milk chocks ? tash

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Oh dear Parksy you have got me at it now , just thinking of the caravan stuff at the back of the top shelf in the garage . I know there are two battery table lamps from 1976 , a gas , yes gas operated iron complete with long rubber hose that connected to the gas fire stop valve , late sixties/early seventies . Numerous ordenance survey maps , same era . OH and yes , some site manuals ( wonder how many of those sites are still in use ) , must have a clear out , another job on the long list . Steve .

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Oh dear Parksy you have got me at it now , just thinking of the caravan stuff at the back of the top shelf in the garage . I know there are two battery table lamps from 1976 , a gas , yes gas operated iron complete with long rubber hose that connected to the gas fire stop valve , late sixties/early seventies . Numerous ordenance survey maps , same era . OH and yes , some site manuals ( wonder how many of those sites are still in use ) , must have a clear out , another job on the long list . Steve .
Fantstic

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Lifejackets

Have not used them yet. But just got back from Holiday in Norwich area and it did not stop raining. If its going to be like last year I think the flotation coller purchased from NASA for the van will finaly be used.

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
What about one of the George Forman thingy's.Do you think I should get one so I can never use it. Or am I being daft.

tash
We've got a George Foreman bbq type thingy (for outdoor use) and I'm surprised to say it gets a lot of use, I must confess I also use a small charcoal bbq at the same time because I need the authentic barbecue taste and smell.

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We've used our fire bucket - as an emergency loo for our 4 year old when Dad was at the elsan point! We did wash it out properly afterwards before anyone comments and hope that's all it's ever used for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts