Coming back to caravanning

Apr 16, 2019
Visit site
Hi all.

Just bought an 05 Compass Corona 556. We have had a few tourers, but for the last few years had a static.

I've been fixing little bits here and there. Nothing major just things like the blind catches and cupboard handles. The one thing that I can't find, is the switch for the exterior light. There is a switch above the door with a red light that comes on when switced. The outside light doesn't come on though. I've ordered a bulb for the light in case it's blown, but if anyone can tell me what the switch is for, I would appreciate it.

That aside, we're looking forward to getting away with the kids for the May day bank holiday.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Charlie, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your return to caravanning.
I'm not a Compass owner so not sure about the switch but the bulb is the most obvious item to change first.
Happy caravanning

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Welcome back Charlie :)
We have a similar switch in our Avondale that turns off all the interior lights, the idea being that if you leave, or will return to the caravan in the dark you can use this switch to turn the lights on/off without having to fumble your way to each light individually. As Parksy says, a blown bulb is the most likely reason for the exterior light not to be working.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome back to the Caravanning life, hopefully not too much has changed, Only been doing it myself for about 12 years but get out in the winter as well, a great way of life.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts