Company caravan?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all..

I use my van 365 days a year, well almost, as a base when working away. Does anyone know if it's possible to 'sell' the van to my ltd company, for company use, as it helps prevent costly hotels? I know it will become a company asset but has anyone else done this?

Thanks, 19.

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi 19,

We bought our van last year through the company so we could use it to go to lettuce trials throughout the country.

The catch is that we had to put the company logo on the van.

I think that if you are going to do this though it has to be a new van so you can claim the tax back I'm not sure on the rules for a second hand van.

The best thing would be to ask your accountant he will know all the catches and will be able to advise you.

Good luck, Aimee

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi 19, Hi Aimee. I cannot help at all with the company caravan question, but pleeeease tell me what lettuce trials are and why they go on around the country? There is a world out there I now nothing about. :)

mel

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mel,

Lettuce trials are what the seed companys do to show the growers the new varieties that are going to be availible the following year and very boring!!! after a while they all look the same.

Hope this explains it

Aimee

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts