Compass Citizen 400 tyre pressures

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I need help with the tyre pressures for the Compass Citizen 400 that I have just bought. Have fitted 8 ply light van tyres to it but cannot find the right pressures and I think the tyre depot don't really know what they should be. Can anyone help? Also need a manual from somewhere or a copy.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Look for the moulding on the tyrewall which gives max load and max pressure. Then do the calculation:- Basic tyre pressure = caravan MTPLM multiplied by tyre max pressure divided by tyre max load divided by 2. Make sure you don't confuse units.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Roger. Might have to get the van weighed because the plate is all in German. Seems to have a maximum and minimum but I think I will take it to a weighbridge when loaded for my own peace of mind. Thanks again.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The numbers will be the same whatever language they're in! Kg are the same the world over. Even the metric tonne is close enough to the imperial ton to make no practical difference (1.6% to be precise). The Americans do often use a "short ton" which is 2000lb compared to their 2240lb "long ton" or imperial ton.

Use the caravan maximum weight. As far as tyre pressures go it won't be very far from your actual weight.

Using a weighbridge when loaded is always a good idea to avoid overloading.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts