Compass Corana 362 Switches

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Please could someone help me with a small problem I have. I have just bought my first caravan a 2nd hand 2004 compass corana 362, the van is fitted with the truma ultrastore rapid. Underneath the rotary switch is a rocker switch, does this switch need to be on to operate the heatstore.

Thanks

Marc

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This switch operates the fan to the heating system. Switched to the left, it makes the fan run in sync to the position of the rotary switch. Switched to the right, it makes the fan speed vary in relationship to the heat output. Did you not get a handbook with such a new 'van?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
if you visit the www.explorer-group.co.uk you will be able to open the handbook for the year model you own.

I have a Corona 482 and I suspect it will be the same controls as yours

looking at the control panel you will see 3 lines of switches

left side Top Gas Water Heating

Middle Electric Water Heating Switch (if fitted)

Bottom Pump On/Off Swith with green neon showing battery condition (Green for fully charged - Red discharged

Right side Top Electric space heating giving 2000w /off/ 500w / 1000w.

Middle Controls the top switch.

Bottom 13 amp socket.

the gas fire can be operated as well as the blown air fan (if fitted) from the controls on top of the fire

with regards to the Water Heating the cowl over the heater outide the van must be removed if you use gas but it can stay in place if you only use electric water heatong.

be warned that the Electric Water Heating has no thermostat control and the water can exceed 60C

you can if you like use both gas and Electric if you need water heated quickly.

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, yes I have the hand books but I can't not find reference to these switches.

The switches are laid out with the pump/12v socket and aerial outlet, next is a 230v socket. To the right of this is the space heater and water heater controls then underneath these switches is the 2 rocker switches.

Shiraz if you have your hand book on page 24 of mine it shows the rocker switches under the truma controls.

Thanks again

Marc

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Just a little more, I phoned the dealer from where the original owner bought it from and they where still vague to the switches. I have gone out and tried them and found them to be the 230v switches for the water and space heaters.

Marc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts