Compass corona 535 TV signal/satellite

Aug 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi all. I hope this is in the correct forum?
We are new to caravaning and are struggling with a few of the fundamentals. Today's problem is the tv.....
I have a 2006 compass corona. It has a satellite/aerial on the top it has an aerial wire next to the battery and also has a tv aerial port on the inside by the front.

Given all this, I am still absolutely clueless as to how I get the tv to tune in? Am I missing something?

Thank you for any help

Cheers

Rob

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
robieelliott said:
Hi all. I hope this is in the correct forum?
We are new to caravaning and are struggling with a few of the fundamentals. Today's problem is the tv.....
I have a 2006 compass corona. It has a satellite/aerial on the top it has an aerial wire next to the battery and also has a tv aerial port on the inside by the front.

Given all this, I am still absolutely clueless as to how I get the tv to tune in? Am I missing something?

Thank you for any help

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob welcome to the forum, Need to discover type of aerial you have, it wont be a satellite, probably a Status.
The wire next to the battery could be an external connection someone has added to connect to a site bollard.
The port inside the van will be your connection to the TV.
Do you also have a booster box next/near the aerial perhaps in the wardrobe, this will have a switch you need to
turn on.
Have you got yourself a signal finder, if not look at other vans aerials and point yours in the same direction.
You will also need to retune the TV, I would suggest go to menu and choose option first time install.
Good luck

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
A couple of points.
When pointing your aerial the same way as others, it is the narrow end that points towards the transmitter. The aerial panel should also be the same polarisation as, say, the wardens fixed aerial: if the prongs are horizontal then so should your aerial be; if they are vertical then you should wind the handle on the bottom of aerial to make it vertical - not these are done with the aerial already pushed up to maximum height.
If the aerial is like a flying saucer with a spike on the top you can ignore the above as it is omni-directional.
Look at the printing on the aerial - of either type. If the print is purple then the amplifier is inside the aerial and the box inside the caravan is just a power supply: if the text is red or orange then the amplifier is inside the box along with the power supply.
As Gagakev says you will need to reture your TV for almost every site you visit. If you have an Android phone you can download Freepoint UK which knows every CMC and CL, and every C&CC and CS site. It will show you the three strongest transmitters and their directions on a local map (assuming your GPS is turned on) plus direction for satellite (at a later date?) It will also work with postcodes. It will also show you the transmitter channel numbers for the two main signals that carry BBC and ITV/4/5.
You can get your TV to do a 'as new' tune but it can sometimes get the wrong transmitter due to the way the tuning works. It is worth your time to find out if your TV has manual tuning capability and to use that if possible.
PM me if you want more guidance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts