Complete Newbie mirrors advice

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Another for Grand Aero. But move them around as required, we have the arms pointing down so are at the same level as the normal side mirrors. And have the large area inwards. I cannot post photo from my phone. I will do that tomorrow.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I bought Milenco but have a flat glass on the offside and convex on the near side. I find it better to view nearside traffic on motorways. It also helped when abroad and copilot was asleep.

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
would also recommend carruing either a spare or even spare pair for emergencies; i was very lucky in picking up an additional pair of Milenco's from a charity shop for £4: - right place / good time but would have happily paid bit more for a spare as a get out of jail, 'just in case' ...........you never know

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We used Milenco Grand Aeros until we changed cars and found they would not fit securely and one fell off, although I think they have now redesigned the clips. I now have a smaller mirror which has both clips and straps so they are doubly secure and despite the smaller mirror they work well. The mirror was not really a choice, but what the had at the dealers I went to for new ones.
I am afraid I do not think I would trust strap on mirrors again.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We used Milenco Grand Aeros until we changed cars and found they would not fit securely and one fell off, although I think they have now redesigned the clips. I now have a smaller mirror which has both clips and straps so they are doubly secure and despite the smaller mirror they work well. The mirror was not really a choice, but what the had at the dealers I went to for new ones.
I am afraid I do not think I would trust strap on mirrors again.
We had the same issue with our Milenco Aeros and had to buy adaptors.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
would also recommend carruing either a spare or even spare pair for emergencies; i was very lucky in picking up an additional pair of Milenco's from a charity shop for £4: - right place / good time but would have happily paid bit more for a spare as a get out of jail, 'just in case' ...........you never know

I do have a spare pair which I carry in the caravan, but I wouldn't go out of my way to acquire 2 sets. I kept my old Milenco Aeros when I got a set of the Grand Aero's, which I found better for towing with the larger caravan and more stable.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The bit that often goes missing is the pad that screws down (or up) onto the outside of the vehicle mirror case. Fortunately they are available as spares in packs of two from many (but by no means most!!) dealers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts