COMPUTER MAINTENANCE

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a call yesterday from someone claiming to be from Computer Maintenace
He wanted to put me in touch with a computer engineer as there was aproblem with my computer
smiley-surprised.gif

He rang on 091618

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
WatsonJohnG said:
I had a call yesterday from someone claiming to be from Computer Maintenace
He wanted to put me in touch with a computer engineer as there was aproblem with my computer
smiley-surprised.gif

He rang on 091618
Edit not yet available so to conclude
Here is what comes up if 091618 is googled
smiley-frown.gif

Strange I can edit this but not the original post
Do I need Computer Maintenance ! ?
smiley-laughing.gif

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=3h&oq=&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_en-GBGB304GB304&q=091618

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That's interesting
I didn't do anything he told me to do but checked the anti virus etc and it already had a problem
The computer was on as it happened
ESET took a while to clear it
It could have been a coincidence and done me a good turn
smiley-laughing.gif

When I said that it wasn't convenient as I was preparing a meal he promised to ring back
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

JP1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This is a scam, John. The scammers, who usually call from overseas, simply cold-call people and attempt to fool them into thinking there's a problem with their PC. Think about this for a minute and you'll realise the ridiculousness of it — how can someone know what's wrong with your computer when they can't see it, and how do they know your phone number?
Computeractive magazine has been investigating this scam on an ongoing basis, and you can also read advice on dealing with computer scams in general.
If anyone does get a call of this type, the best advice is not to engage in any conversation and just put the phone down. Registering with the Telephone Preference Service probably won't help prevent future calls, since the people behind them aren't interested in being bound by this voluntary scheme.

Moderator Note
Links to other sites removed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts