Computer question

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, I have just bought an EZ grabber from Amazon. The blurb said that this would transfer VHS tapes to my lap top using a range of operating systems. However, The actual grabber says windows vista version and I have windows 7. Is anyone able to confirm this is ok before I tear open the plastic case packaging? Best wishes, Butler

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
DONT open the package.
Windows 7 is the spawn of the devil and does not work with almost anything else, especially if you have the 64bit operating system

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
butler said:
Hi all, I have just bought an EZ grabber from Amazon. The blurb said that this would transfer VHS tapes to my lap top using a range of operating systems. However, The actual grabber says windows vista version and I have windows 7. Is anyone able to confirm this is ok before I tear open the plastic case packaging? Best wishes, Butler
Providing the program is a fairly new product Windows 7 runs Vista programs with no problems. Windows 7 is far more stable and better than Vista and uses less of your computers resources than Vista or XP. 32 BIT Windows 7 is the one to go for, 64 BIT has issues with some program such as Flash Players.
I don't know where the moderator gets his info from as Windows 7 is rated by most computer pros as being the one to go for. We've updated our XP and Vista laptops and they run far better than on their old operating systems, faster with next to know glitches now.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I get my personal opinion of W7 by having it, and it is horrible in every single way.
Or are Mods not allowed personal opinions?

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I have just got a new computer with Win 7 last one had XP, it dose take a bit of time to get used to the new system but fingers crossed everything works okay.
I do have a computer question but will ask seperatly.
Reg

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I also have W7 64bit without problems. Like Spud said, they haven't developed Flash for 64 bit yet but I just run the 32bit browser and all is ok.
I also have have old programs, like MicroGrafx Picture Publisher, which run with no problems. If you have old programs that wont run choose compatibility mode if they've run in previous versions of Windows.
I had W7 since it first came out and what I will say is that all the updates have installed no problem at all, something I can't say for Vista.
Millenium was the worse OS they ever brought out and probably XP the best so far but W7 will hopefully give it a run for it's money.
Sorry Butler, none of my post will help with your problem. I did look at the reviews for the EZ Grabber on the Amazon site and they were mixed.

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Of course a Moderator can have a personal opinion
smiley-surprised.gif
it doesn't mean that you know what your talking about or that you are entitled to label a product that many users and computer professionals rate very well as the "spawn of the Devil".
If people here don't like the wheel spats on a new caravan design or feel that their new caravan has build issues does this site accept the whole brand being labeled the way you have labeled Windows 7 ?
Having had a few years experience with computers and still having access to computing pro's, caravan forum is not really the place to ask questions unless Microsoft or Apple forums are now giving advice on caravan nose weights and tips on creeking stabilisers.
We find Windows 7 great and my wife was until retirement head of an IT department for twenty two years and 7 runs her design programs fine.

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
I also have W7 64bit without problems. Like Spud said, they haven't developed Flash for 64 bit yet but I just run the 32bit browser and all is ok.
I also have have old programs, like MicroGrafx Picture Publisher, which run with no problems. If you have old programs that wont run choose compatibility mode if they've run in previous versions of Windows.
I had W7 since it first came out and what I will say is that all the updates have installed no problem at all, something I can't say for Vista.
Millenium was the worse OS they ever brought out and probably XP the best so far but W7 will hopefully give it a run for it's money.
Sorry Butler, none of my post will help with your problem. I did look at the reviews for the EZ Grabber on the Amazon site and they were mixed.
Millenium was awful but then Vista isnt great.Never had a problem with Office 2000 Pro. Windows XP had alot of security issues if I remember right,especially early on

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts