Condensation front windows

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Does anyone have a solution for condensation in 2 of our front windows? We have just taken the cover off today and the windows are no windows full f condensation. The side windows are fine. It’s a Coachman Pastiche 2006.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s not unusual when you get a fairly quick change of temperature as the units are not fully sealed glazed units. It might disappear of its own accord as the weather warms up particularly if you get the sun onto the front windows. One approach is to re move the small plugs at the base of the window to aid removal of the condensation.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is very common for condensation to form between the panes of caravan windows.

They are made of plastic which is hygrocscopic which means they will allow water to penetrate.

With the warmer over the next couple of days it should go away , but if the weather forecast is right abut much colder weather later in the week, it may well return, but will go when the temperature rises again.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Is this in-between the panes or just inside? I found that my caravan suffered condensation when using a Pro-Tec cover. I solved it by keeping a side window on the vent latch. Luckily caught the issue before mould became a problem. I also had to keep the caravan level with the cover on as water would pool behind the large Heki with the nose down.

They are made of plastic which is hygrocscopic which means they will allow water to penetrate.

Page 3 of this PDF expands on the hygroscopic issue:

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts