Confession is good for the soul

May 10, 2020
Visit site
As the title, I’m hoping that coming clean will make me feel better.
Now I’m not too bad at reversing onto the pitch but today I completely stuffed it up. Not once but a couple of times before I finally disengaged and used the movers. Just a total mess. In my defence it is a pitch on my left hand side with very little room to swing the car out in front. Oh the shame. I’m off now to find an olive branch for a bit of self flagalation.

Jul 29, 2022
Visit site
Now I’m not too bad at reversing onto the pitch but today I completely stuffed it up. Not once but a couple of times before I finally disengaged and used the movers. Just a total mess. In my defence it is a pitch on my left hand side with very little room to swing the car out in front. Oh the shame. I’m off now to find an olive branch for a bit of self flagalation.
Re. Reversing. The finest bit of caravanning advice I were given was 'if theres more 'van in your offside mirror steer right and left in near side mirror inorder to straighten the outfit'. But then again there are times when things are getting too much after a long drive so that is when the mover earns its keep.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I have an HGV 1 and PSV licence so can reverse pretty much anything with ease..
BUT I nearly always use my caravan mover simply because it's easier and I can position myself exactly where I want whilst using it, thus avoiding any low walls etc. Works fine for me.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I live at the end of a cul-de-sac so have to reverse round a left hand bend into it, 100 yards up it and then another turn into the drive. Straight forward BUT trying to reverse on some site pitches requires the turning circle of a London taxi or Triumph Herald so I just get the caravan onto the pitch with the car and position it with the mover. They’re there to help BUT I don’t treat it as a 7 1/2 metre long radio controlled car and hold up the entire site traffic while using the mover to perform easy forward-moves that could be done easier with the car.

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
I think you just really want to join the Woosies club in secret.

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the pitch my wife likes at Beechwood Grange. Very difficult to reverse in due to narrow access road and hedge opposite.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I have been toying with the idea of a reversing camera for some time now and as I have a Garmin gps I could get the Garmin bc40 unit which is wireless. Trouble is I’m not sure that the specified range of 13m would work. Any one with experience of this camera care to comment?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I use to practice as much as i can backing our caravan into our storage pitch and also on our driveway until i felt competent . but the mover was great and easier to put a caravan on a serviced pitch .

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a reversing camera that I use as a rear view camera. Wireless drove car a few yards up the street, well over 13metre, worked fine.
My one gripe is that dims down in bright sunshine, making it difficult to see at times.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I always find reversing not to be a big problem, I used to do a lot at work. But just as your doing a pretty easy reverse, you realise someone is nearby, they don't have to be watching, and then all of a sudden, that reverse goes down the tubes.

PS, a bad reverse is not a good enough " hitch" to be a named "Woosie"
Putting your awning up inside out, is though , like I did.

Reactions: DaveA1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts