Confused on how much Loo Blue to use?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How much should we be putting in what I assume is a standard size cassette toilet (fixed seat design)? I cannot find anywhere on the toilet that states the capacity of the tank and the instructions are not clear as it talks about various models? I think I am putting around 75ml at the moment (using the inner cap) then about half a small jug of water?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I put in a good glug and quite a bit of water. I have found that the guage doesn't work otherwise and you get more smell. You probably end up emptying more often but its a lot easier to deal with :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul and Ruth,

You are putting the correct amount of Loo Blue in your toilet just checked with the manufactures I have also put that amount in our loo and never had a problem,everything breaks down nicely(Glug) Jim.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everybody,

We have found since they have stopped putting formaldahide into the Loo Blue products, to make them more eco friendly, that they do not work as effectively, and that you do need to use more of the product to maintain a fresh smelling loo. I don't actually know whether it's less effective in breaking down the contents...... I don't actually empty the thing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I keep a one litre bottle with a measure on it and refill it from the larger and cheaper bottles, I just use one full dose which I think is 50ml's. We also use the pink in the flush if that makes a difference but we find this is enough over a couple of days to keep things exceptable?..least ways I have no complaints and I empty it!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We put in a good gloop and some water but to be honest, I give the cassette a good shake every morning and everything disolves fine. Another good shake before emptying and we rarely have anything undisolved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts