confussed by towin laws

Jul 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi all i hope i can make some sence here lol as i hav posted b4 i only passed my test 3 yrs ago n i thought i wasnt able to tow bigger than a shoe box however after lookin at my licence n i hav the letters A,B,E,G AND H can ne 1 explane if that means i can tow my camper or not lol. I hav a vauxhall zafira 1.8 wot is so so :-/ and my camper is a coleman missouri trailertent combined weight is less than 3.5 tons so does that mean i can or cant tow it plz help :)

flissie

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
A = motorcycle

B = car under 3500kg or car + trailer with a combined weight less than 3500kg

E = trailer (in excess of what is covered under category B)

G = road roller

H = tracked vehicle

Which of those categories you are allowed to drive will be marked on the licence with the date when you passed the respective test.

Jul 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lutz ty 4 that i was very confuesed by wot it ment, my m8 who passed b4 me doesnt hav all the same letters on her licence im just wonderin if it was coz i had my provisonal 4 about the last 10 yrs mayb.

thanks again :)

flissie

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It certainly surprised me when you said that you've got the letter 'E' marked as well if you didn't take the test for a trailer. Sounds as though the official who issued it added it by mistake. But if that's what your licence says, I wouldn't argue. But, as the Zafira and the trailer tent combined weigh less than 3500kg max. you wouldn't have anything to worry about anyway. That would already be covered by the 'B'.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My keyboard must be the posh type. I've got letters all over it! Am I getting old or does it take aanybody else twice as long to read abbreviated words?

Jun 27, 2005
Visit site
It is hard work to read! Also, it takes no more time to type proper words and sentences, so I don't see what you gain, apart from the continued attrition of the English language!

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I'm not trying to defend it but I can offer an explanation. The purpose behind this strange spelling is to reduce the number of letters. SMS Messages sent by mobile phone are limited to about 160 characters, including spaces, so ways and means were developed to cram as much information as possible within that limit.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you are all being cruel to Mel, she may have lost some of her fingers in an accident or she could be dikslexic ............its not nice to pick on someone less fortunate than yourself

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I think you are all being cruel to Mel, she may have lost some of her fingers in an accident or she could be dikslexic ............its not nice to pick on someone less fortunate than yourself
Kanga ! what the heck is DIKSLEXIC? You Are Mad !!(an your GR8!)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
The car and the caravan must be less the 3500kg.

you can take some more test so you can tow big caravans.

to find wtot you need. phone the d,v,l,a, .they will tell you.

good look mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts