Control of idiots

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Like a lot of you on the forum, I'm getting tired of the plonkers with the "catchy names" who think we are all ripe for the "michael" to be taken or ridiculled because of what we drive or do.

What I'd like to know is what is the "MODERATOR" or EDITOR doing to stop these over grown children.

I certainly got warned the other day about publicising a caravan site that was crap. Told I could be taken to court is what was mentioned.

Funny thing is I didn't name the site but most people knewwhere it was by location, which in it's self is not actually breaking the law of liable.

You see my point is we can get told off for trying to prevent others from having a ruined holiday, but the web site can be left to look like a teenagers smutty chat room.

I nievely thought the site was for genuine caravanners to assist others and promote the often gentlemanly and neighbourly behaviour we see on the camp sites.

Twenty odd years ago the same thing happened to CB radio and then that depleted to the low level of interlect because the genuine guys bin@d the rigs.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
The Forum Etiquette rules are there for the guidance of all and are common to most forums today.

However, at the end of the day we cannot prevent users from ignoring these rules, other that by deleting the 'offending' message.

We are able to terminate the account of a persistent offender, but there is no way to stop him/her from registering again under another username.

At the end of the day it is up to the sensible silent majority to police the forum for themselves. Ignore the trouble-makers and their taunts. Don't rise to the bait.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
The Forum Etiquette rules are there for the guidance of all and are common to most forums today.

However, at the end of the day we cannot prevent users from ignoring these rules, other that by deleting the 'offending' message.

We are able to terminate the account of a persistent offender, but there is no way to stop him/her from registering again under another username.

At the end of the day it is up to the sensible silent majority to police the forum for themselves. Ignore the trouble-makers and their taunts. Don't rise to the bait.
Rubbish. Do what you are supposed to do and paid to do and MODERATE. delete the garbage or better still set up a time delay for the postings to give yourself time to delete the 'spam'. Do it soon before the genuine caravaners with genuine questions and comments give up on the site. This Forum used to be excellent. DO YOUR JOB PROPERLY.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site

Going back to the 24 hour delay before messages go live is not an option. That used to be the single most complainted about feature.

I've tried deleting off-topic posts, but so many are borderline, and therefore open to dispute. I've been called many names (hitler, fascist) for censoring posts I believed were unacceptable, and the poster didn't agree.

The Haymarket policy is that posts which blatantly contravene forum etiquette will be deleted. Posts that are irrelevant or off-topic are best ingored by other users and given no credibility.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts