Converted car (micro camper) insurance

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello all and thanks for this website

I recently have created a boot jump to fit into my FIAT Doblo. It's looking good but I'm concerned about space. Therefore it makes sense to remove the rear seats which is a simple job. However, insurance companies seem to dislike this and my premium goes up 100%.

Does anyone know of a cheap insurance broker who would be OK? I've tried a couple but still come out expensive.

Thank you

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm completely bewildered why REMOVING seats would increase your premium. I'd have expected the opposite, as you're actually reducing their potential liability.
Can't suggest any specific alternatives, but I'd certainly advise shopping around.

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I know I know, £330 changed to £955.
I don't understand it myself.

Just looking to see if someone as foundation good ins because it's exhausting going through one by one

Thanks for your hep

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
TonyJones said:
I'm completely bewildered why REMOVING seats would increase your premium. I'd have expected the opposite, as you're actually reducing their potential liability.
I would guess it is because it changes the vehicle from a car to a camper and the company calculates that its exposure is increased.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts