Cooling down

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well for all you lucky folk getting away, soon, the weathers is going to be more than great .
How are you going to keep cool in your caravan, ? We have two 12 inch fans one aimed at the dogs and one at our bed room area, the roof windows are open with fly screens . Damp towels hung around the van works,
Interesting. , how about you folk.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Well for all you lucky folk getting away, soon, the weathers is going to be more than great .
How are you going to keep cool in your caravan, ? We have two 12 inch fans one aimed at the dogs and one at our bed room area, the roof windows are open with fly screens . Damp towels hung around the van works,

I usually keep the windows on the side of the caravan in the sun closed, or on the vent, with the blinds closed. shady sides open fully with flyscreens down same for roof vents. Was away last week when the evening temperatures were quite cool; cool enough to need a coat.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
EH52ARH said:

I usually keep the windows on the side of the caravan in the sun closed, or on the vent, with the blinds closed. shady sides open fully with flyscreens down same for roof vents. Was away last week when the evening temperatures were quite cool; cool enough to need a coat.

We do likewise and the dogs will periodically get a sploosh and they tend to like going under the van.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I bought the dog one of those little beach shelter tents to provide shade on the pitch for her. Point blank refusal to go near it. :angry: She owes me £15.
Mel

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Also the same as CustardAvenger and my pal has texted me this morning saying they are in the Loire Valley area where we are going in France about half an hour's difference from where we are going and at 1o a.m. this morning it was touching nearly 4o° C , can't go outside without its flip-flops on or his feet get burnt on the ground , can't wait , I've just been out this morning and ran 11 miles and it is about 28°c up in the Sunderland area , whats another 12° !!

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
It was gorgeous in Monaco earlier. Just as nice with the air on on heading from Ventimiglia over towards the Col di Tenda ! :p

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My only cooling needs today were car’s aircon as I drove up the Fosse to Leicester and it seems harvest time is upon us. Every farm implement known to DEFRA was out on the roads. Never been so happy to join the Warwick bypass. Lots of caravans were out too.

If only:-(

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
My only cooling needs today were car’s aircon as I drove up the Fosse to Leicester and it seems harvest time is upon us. Every farm implement known to DEFRA was out on the roads. Never been so happy to join the Warwick bypass. Lots of caravans were out too.

Good job you have reclining seats in the car.
A real super cool night’s sleep :p

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Always remember one of my stints in the middle east 38/39 plus degrees , I went out there weighing thirteen and a half stone and came back weighing eleven and a half stone,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
camel said:
Always remember one of my stints in the middle east 38/39 plus degrees , I went out there weighing thirteen and a half stone and came back weighing eleven and a half stone,
You mean it’s better than Fat Club :woohoo: Hope for and a number of others on here :whistle:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
otherclive said:

Good job you have reclining seats in the car.
A real super cool night’s sleep :p

Your right the load bay with seats down could almost accommodate me if I bent slightly. Almost at the end of my relationship with Leicester other than nostalgia visits.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I stood in front of the fridge with the fridge door open wearing just me boxers...............

Supermarket staff not impressed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Gagakev said:
I stood in front of the fridge with the fridge door open wearing just me boxers...............

Reminds me of a Jethro joke that is too disgusting to repeat here....

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Guzzilazz said:
Gagakev said:

https://www.practicalcaravan.com/media/kunena/emoticons/wink.png
Reminds me of a Jethro joke that is too disgusting to repeat here....

I added the box.......................... oh never mind :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts