Cordless drill advice.

Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
Due to health / age problems, I need to get a cordless drill, for use on the corner steadies. Any advice would be appreciated, and suggestions for type and model. Thanks

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Jeffrey

I've been using one for ages. Ive found that its best buying the cheapest you can find. I had an expensive one and the battery gave up. When I enquired about new battery it was dearer than a new drill. So I bought a cheap one and when it goes I'll pitch it.

There have been other threads on this subject so have a look further back or under other topics.

Colin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Wicks,

My wife knew I needed a replacement cordless drill and went to wick,s.18v with 2 year guarantee. Its been great really holds its charge and has lots of torque. I took the charger with me to France this year,just in case it went flat.Used it for a mutiple of jobs that did not need doing and still did not need to charge it all hols and when I returned it to the storage site there was still plenty of power. Good piece of kit and only cost

May 12, 2005
Visit site
bought mine from screwfix cheapest they do, it is called Ferm 24volt comes with two batteries and charger. does the job, as well as a bit of DIY.

good luck Tony A.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
am I missing somthing here? why go to all the expense of buying another drill, all the hastle of making sure the battery is charged etc, when unless you're on a CL you're standing right next to a 240v supply?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
It is normally advisable for you to put down the steadies before moving around inside your van to get your electric cable unless you have it in the front locker. Secondly you will probably need a long extension lead to move around to the four corners of the van, so where do you obtain this and plug it in? Thirdly a battery drill is useful for othe jobs besides winding down the steadies!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Like the idea of using the drill for otuer purposes too. Given the right attachment it should do as a kitchen blender - ideal for soup.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
It is normally advisable for you to put down the steadies before moving around inside your van to get your electric cable unless you have it in the front locker. Secondly you will probably need a long extension lead to move around to the four corners of the van, so where do you obtain this and plug it in? Thirdly a battery drill is useful for othe jobs besides winding down the steadies!
Ian, you've already got a long extension lead with you, the electric hook up lead. All you need to do is to make up a short adapter from an exterior socket to domestic.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Ian, you've already got a long extension lead with you, the electric hook up lead. All you need to do is to make up a short adapter from an exterior socket to domestic.
Easier to use a cordless drill and avoid long extensions getting wrapped around the legs, but then every oen to their own.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
hi,when you get your drill you can make a socket for next to nothing,find a socket that fits your caravan leg nuts.find a long nut and bolt,the largest one that fits in your drill chuck.fix the nut and bolt inside the socket tight.thats it saved

May 5, 2005
Visit site
use a dewalt and it does motor mover,legstays and with an old spade drill gets winbreaker poles 6" in before final tap with mallet,also for getting screwin thing to put sunshade in to start on hard ground(or dog holding pole).

V.useful

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I bought an extension with a brush on the end for my cordless drill - now I have the cleaniest dentures on site - "You'll wonder where the yellow went - when you brush your teeth with pepsident"

TRENDING THREADS