CORE system (Lunar) - No damp report possible?

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
On getting my Lunar Lexon 470 back from its first service I noticed there was no damp report attached. When i queried this I was told that because the van is made of plastic parts it was not possible to get readings. I have contacted Lunar to ask how water ingress would be established with this type of construction.

Does anyone on the forum have any experience of this or knowledge of the construction system?

Any help gratefully received!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The construction is traditional and the plastic referred to is in the walls. Our Quasar was serviced earlier this year and we got a damp report done in the usual way, so one of us was being lied to and I think it is you.

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Many thanks Raywood. This is confirmed by Lee Roberts at Lunar who replied to my query as follows:

"Hi Robert

Due to us using a thermoplastic material in the wall construction, most dealers have invested in a sonic damp tester to assess for water ingress. Otherwise, a standard tester can be used to check the timbers in the structure, but may leave small pin holes in the wallboard.

I would insist on a damp test, and I have also asked one of our Account Managers to discuss this with the dealer in question."

The dealer has been very good in general but I am disappointed with this obviously. I will be in touch with them soon to discuss their response to Lunar's input. Will update the thread then.

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I would query whether your dealer has ncc approved workshop accreditation as a damp test is a standard part of a service.
I only use an independent ncc approved workshop, not a dealership.

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
You are dead right Intransient1! I have now checked and they are not accredited! My own fault I suppose for not doing my homework.

I usually get my van serviced by a mobile outfit who are accredited but the new van came with two 'free' services. So maybe I'll not bother next year and go back to my usual guy.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Caravan dealers do not "have" to be NCC Approved.
They can be, and a lot are, Manufacturer Approved for their specific vans.

Manufacturers have agreed to allow NCC Approved workshops to carry out servicing of their vans but many do NOT allow repairs to be carried out to the fabric of the van by any NCC Approved workshops UNLESS also approved by the Manufacturer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts