Cornwall Beachfront campsite

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Struggling to find anything that ticks all the boxes for 2016.

We have a touring caravan obviously.
A Canadian Canoe.
2 x small well behaved Westies.
2 x small mostly well behaved Children.

We would like a touring site so close to the beach that I don't have to be continually putting the Canoe on the roof to use it.

Pentewan Sands ticked all the boxes but don't allow dogs : (

Any one know of anything that ticks all the boxes?

Thanks in advance

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
There are three sites at Gwithian near Hayle. They are Churchtown Farm and Gwithian farm which back on to the dunes - I think they both take dogs and Godrevy Park (Caravan Club) which is just across the road but still only about 1/4 mile from the beach. The beach or Towans extend from Hayle all the way to Gwithian Sands. Great for surfing with plenty of lifeguard cover. Both our children learned to surf there. The walk along the beach or through the dunes is wonderful. The Red River Inn at Gwithian is a very family friendly place with good food and drink. Supermarkets and department stores in easy reach at Hayle. by bus or car. Take the train to St Ives from Hayle. The Bucket of Blood pub is a good walk (almost all the way to the towans end and is also a good family pub.
HtH's

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Graham, I have contacted Gwithian farm as their site says "No additional vehicles/boats permitted during July, August and Spring Bank week.I'm hoping my canoe doesn't fall into that category.

Cannot get access to the CC site until tomorrow when their site comes back online.

Thanks again for your suggestions

Steve

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Have to agree with Graham, Gwitian is a gem of a site (why did you tell anyone graham :lol: )
Went there last Easter but unfortunately the pub across the road held there annual beer festival..... :eek:hmy:
I had to sample quite a bit of it :woohoo: :) B)
Dont know how big/heavy the canoe is but across the dunes to the sea takes about 10 to 15 mins walk.
At that time of year they had different food visit site, Fish + Chips, Mexican and also Pizza's.
They also did fresh coffee at the reception first thing in the mornings.
hope I havent given to much away :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts