cornwall, which site and why?.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi colin thats exactly where we are going i think it was at your recommendation on a previous post it looks a great site we are going 2+3 week of july,we are thinking of sailing from Portsmouth to St malo,this is because we will be driving from Lancashire and don't fancy driving to Plymouth,thanks for the recommendation.

Andrew.

Ps we have booked a beach side pitch.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi dogs are allowed on the beach at treyarnon bay we take ours with us,but there are beaches in the area that don't allow dogs,

Colin i know what you mean about Cornwall there does seem to be a anti-english feeling growing we have been for the last 7yrs and have noticed a change over the years,not because of this but we have booked to go to France next year for a change.

Andrew.
No offence taken but i was going to say the feeling we get now in Cornwall is simular to the reception we sometimes get in North Wales.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well done - if you have such a good holiday as we have had on both occassions I am sure you will not want to holiday in UK again. The only reason we went from Plymouth is because it meant less towing on the "wrong" side of the road. Driving there is easy and none of the road works/hold ups etc. as experienced here. You must visit Quimper and the cathedral and also Concarneau and the old fortress town. Brest was a disappointment. Take as much milk, bread, butter, bacon, etc. as you can as it is difficult to get food for a good British morning breakfast.

If you approach Benodet from Quimper direction, on the second roundabout there is a supermarket on your left (Champion). At this roundabout go straight across and down to the sea front. At mini roundabout on sea front turn left, next roundabout turn left again and then the site is approx 1/4 mile along the road on right.

Good luck and enjoy yourself.

Apr 30, 2006
Visit site
I am suprised that no one has suggested sites around Newquay,we have gone to Trevornick holiday park for many years and its ideal for kids because its next to the fun park. It does get very busy in the school summer holidays

TRENDING THREADS