Coronavirus

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My wife has just got back from her weekly mega shop from a large Sainsbury’s and they were stock out of toilet rolls. The assistant told her that they had let a lady buy £200 yesterday. Thats rather a lot for a two week self isolation even with a family. Or perhaps she thought that the virus causes the trots too! No doubt they will appear on ebay or Gumtree. But seriously it’s like any panic there were lots of empty shelves which no doubt will fill up again quite quickly when the supply chain catches up. Meanwhile our 4 minute warning supply holds good 👍

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Also U.K. hotel chains must be a bit iffy as Premier Inn have changed their booking options with prices down as well as a couple of nice hotels in the center of Lincoln that I was viewing over the last couple of weeks.

The upside could be you get a hotel to yourself, with your own private chef and 'butler' thrown in. As lets face it, the staff will have little else to do.

Reactions: otherclive
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
This is getting ridiculous I have seen that same problem at our local sainsbury, plus I
do find it annoying when my post is deleted just because I tell it how it is because once again a moderator thinks he knows better,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This is getting ridiculous I have seen that same problem at our local sainsbury, plus I
do find it annoying when my post is deleted just because I tell it how it is because once again a moderator thinks he knows better,
I've looked at the posts that were deleted Camel.
This forum is browsed by all sorts of people, male, female, young and old.
We have never accepted 'industrial language' on the message boards, not even in abbreviated form. If you want to use that sort of bar room language face to face you can judge by looking at the person that you're speaking to whether they would find expletives (or on here abbreviated expletives) acceptable.
That's not possible on an internet forum so we either edit or delete posts which contain such language, or derogatory observations about other countries which I also saw in one of the deleted comments.
Why take the time and trouble to type abbreviated expletives in a comment?
The ones used, however mild, will only result in deleted comments.
If a comment couldn't be printed in Practical Caravan Magazine the chances are that it won't be allowed on the forum either.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I've looked at the posts that were deleted Camel.
This forum is browsed by all sorts of people, male, female, young and old.
We have never accepted 'industrial language' on the message boards, not even in abbreviated form. If you want to use that sort of bar room language face to face you can judge by looking at the person that you're speaking to whether they would find expletives (or on here abbreviated expletives) acceptable.
That's not possible on an internet forum so we either edit or delete posts which contain such language, or derogatory observations about other countries which I also saw in one of the deleted comments.
Why take the time and trouble to type abbreviated expletives in a comment?
The ones used, however mild, will only result in deleted comments.
If a comment couldn't be printed in Practical Caravan Magazine the chances are that it won't be allowed on the forum either.
Parky, point taken once again,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Parksy

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yet again posts have ben removed for inappropriate messages.
What an individuals toilet issues are , or what others in other countries may or may not do is not relevant and not welcome on the Forum.
Remember, if it is unlikely to be printed in Practical Caravan , it will certainly NOT be permitted here.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yet again posts have ben removed for inappropriate messages.
What an individuals toilet issues are , or what others in other countries may or may not do is not relevant and not welcome on the Forum.
Remember, if it is unlikely to be printed in Practical Caravan , it will certainly NOT be permitted here.
I do not see what was inappropriate about either posts and TBH I think the moderators are going a bit overboard however we have no choice except to accept whatever they may wish to do with out any recourse to appeal. There was nothing offence about the toilet habits of other nations as we all do the same! :D

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I do not see what was inappropriate about either posts and TBH I think the moderators are going a bit overboard however we have no choice except to accept whatever they may wish to do with out any recourse to appeal. There was nothing offence about the toilet habits of other nations as we all do the same! :D
Hi Buckman
In case you hadn't noticed, this is a caravan forum.
Yes, we know that everybody visits the toilet but we really don't need explanations of the fundamental details from country to country, thanks all the same 😊
All that we're trying to do is to keep this forum as a friendly informative caravan forum.

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Mine was one of the 'removed' posts. So i apologise. The points i made were certainly not unconnected to the topic (i won't repeat them, but there was no 'language' involved), but accept parts were maybe becoming tenuous, and possibly straying away from the topic. I suppose it is a case of accurately determining what is over-tenuous to include (or not) in posts.

Reactions: Parksy
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Mike, like you I have had posts removed once again which is nothing new for me, I'm afraid this site is so PC and the moderators do not want to create waves so I'm afraid be very careful what you post before the mods are on your back, quite pathetic really to be sensored all the time,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mike, like you I have had posts removed once again which is nothing new for me, I'm afraid this site is so PC and the moderators do not want to create waves so I'm afraid be very careful what you post before the mods are on your back, quite pathetic really to be sensored all the time,
Camel, my earlier advice to you doesn't seem to be sinking in.
If you want to use inappropriate language or describe the toilet habits of the general population then perhaps this forum isn't for you.
Your point about the removal of your posts being 'nothing new'ought to tell you something.
This is quite a simple issue.
If you don't post inappropriate material it won't be censored, and then you won't need to snipe at forum moderators every time it happens.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Camel, my earlier advice to you doesn't seem to be sinking in.
If you want to use inappropriate language or describe the toilet habits of the general population then perhaps this forum isn't for you.
Your point about the removal of your posts and 'not for the first time' ought to tell you something.
This is quite a simple issue.
If you don't post inappropriate material it won't be censored, and then you won't need to snipe at forum moderators every time it happens.
I Think you have me confused with another poster I have never mentioned my toilet hadits,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I Think you have me confused with another poster I have never mentioned my toilet hadits,
My point was meant as general information Camel, many people browse this forum, some members and some not.
We used to have quite a few 'moderator challengers' on this forum back in the day Camel, but we couldn't do anything to curb their online behaviour because we hadn't got any moderators software which would do the trick.
That situation has changed drastically over a few forum upgrades since I became a moderator around 14 years ago, and this latest software upgrade has given moderators the tools with which to deal effectively with pretty much anything that crops up on this forum.
The one time flame baiters and disruptive elements are long gone and we no longer have to tolerate keyboard warriors here.
You probably don't realise this, but I'm really trying to help you here by steering you in the right direction for your forum contributions to be trouble free and for your membership of this forum to remain constant and uninterrupted.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Parky, I understand what you are saying but I like to think that I'm addressing grown ups on this forum and that they do not blush easily and once again an you tell me when I have mentioned my toilet habits, sorry I very nearly used the word Bog,

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Parky, I understand what you are saying but I like to think that I'm addressing grown ups on this forum and that they do not blush easily and once again an you tell me when I have mentioned my toilet habits, sorry I very nearly used the word Bog,

I will answer this one.
First of all you have not mentioned your toilet habits,,,end of story.
Your posts were removed for other reasons, one being getting political.

Thirdly I quote " I like to think that I'm addressing grown ups on this forum"
So do I, but when it is made abundantly clear that anything that would not be published in PC magazine will not be allowed here, and if people read and abided by the Forum Rules, then all would run very well.

BUT, and its a big but, it seems that some cannot or will not abide by the accepted rules, which then they decide its our fault for doing what we do, which we will keep doing.

There is a time when goodwill runs out and harsher measures need to be taken.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
This is all getting rather silly and absurd, from both sides.
Can we all wind our necks in and get on with caravanning please?

Edited to say................perhaps this topic has run its course anyway and should be closed.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Buckman
In case you hadn't noticed, this is a caravan forum.
Yes, we know that everybody visits the toilet but we really don't need explanations of the fundamental details from country to country, thanks all the same 😊
All that we're trying to do is to keep this forum as a friendly informative caravan forum.

However by the same token why are posts allowed where people discuss toilet habits in the caravan or at a caravan site. :ROFLMAO: However I will try and be a bit more careful about posting light hearted posts. :D

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I had my post deleted with Parky which I did not have an issue with, the nearest I get to the subject of toilet issues is judging when the cassette if full because the red light does not function anymore like the mods say its a caravan forum,

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts