corrolla verso

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
anybody tow with the new 7 seater version of the corrolla verso? if so, why does the 1.8 petrol engine tow more kgs than the 2.0 diesel model, which also weighs more. i thought the heavier the car and the more powerful the car, the bigger the caravan it could tow? ive spoken to toyota, they say the details in the verso brochure are correct. i have got a 1.8 on order and would love to here from anyone with either models. thanx. paul..!

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I can only guess the reason why the larger diesel engined version has a lower permissible max towload than the smaller petrol one. Diesel engines run hotter than petrol ones and it is possible that the extra load on the engine when towing would result in a potential overheating problem. That's the reason why the 2 litre diesel Zafira, for example, has an abnormally low max towload and the same may apply to the Corolla Verso, too.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul I used to tow with 2001 Toyota Avensis estate1.8 vvti

and had to change my car as the max torque kicked in at very high revs which resulted in very poor fuel economy while towing just

14mpg with a 1300kg van approx

38 solo it seems you need max

torque as low down the rev range as poss Plus I needed a heavier vehicle for the 85% match

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts