Cost of diesel in France?

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone have a rough idea of the cost of diesel at the moment please? We're travelling from Calais to the Vendee on Sunday, and other parts of France over the following 3 weeks, and i'm just trying to budget an approximate cost. Total mileage in France will be about 1500 miles.

Avoiding toll roads most of the time, so should be able to call into Supermarkets where I understand it's cheaper?

Thank you.

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Just come back from the south of france.

On the autoroutes it is 1.28 to 1.30 Euros / Litre

In the hypermarkets it is 1.10 euros / Litre

This is for regular Diesel

Regards

Andy

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi Lara,To save more of the hard-earned,try and obtain a credit card which does not charge for transactions abroad.(Santander Zero is one of them).Before I went to France in June,I got 1.6 Euros to the pound,but on shopping and diesel bought with the card I got up to 1.22 to the

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Derek,

Thank you for the advice, fortunately I've already got my trusty Nationwide debit card which I've used the past couple of years. I agree it's great because of the higher rate you get compared with the tourist rates, and there's no charges. I'll be using it for fuel and most of the shopping.

Thanks very much though, getting excited now!!

Lara

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lara,To save more of the hard-earned,try and obtain a credit card which does not charge for transactions abroad.(Santander Zero is one of them).Before I went to France in June,I got 1.6 Euros to the pound,but on shopping and diesel bought with the card I got up to 1.22 to the

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts