cost of storage

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
We're paying £425 this year, like everything else the charge goes up every year. The single axle caravan's stored securely on a caravan park we use in Somerset. It's not cheap but saves us petrol and towing. Prior to this we were paying

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi
We store with the Camping and Caravanning Club. During the winter, we store at Blackmore, at the foot of the Malverns and we pay £220. It runs from the end of October to the end of March. The nice thing about storing at Blackmore is its an all year site so they will pull out for you and put it on your favorite pitch and we go up after work on a Friday night, all we need to do it plug it in and get some water. We are having a glass of wine in the best holiday home ever, within half an hour. When we leave, we unplug it, put the water away, wind up the corner steadies and off we go, they put it away for us. Life does not get any easier. It also means we get so much more use out of the van as we use it right through the winter and stay there for New Year. The towing out and in again is £6.50. In the summer, we store at Walton on Thames as it is close to home so we can hook up easily and set off. Summer storage is £210. So for £330 a year, you get all year storage and its safe and secure. As far as I'm concerned, this is great value for money. We currently have a S/A but are just upgrading to a T/A but the costs for storage do not change.
Hope this helps.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
£250.00 pa on a farm with secure fencing and electronic key entry / exit, cctv and alarms. TA , Wiltshire / Gloucestershire border.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We pay £250 a year for CASSOA gold site in Lanarkshire. Has two electronic gates to get in controled by electronic key and cctv. We have a numbered bay and 24 hour access. This is cheap for the area but with over 400 bays the income is substantial.

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
We pay £330 this year on a CASSOA Gold site on road stone standings in Derby for S/A. They did at one time charge extra for T/A, (previous van) this was changed after I queried it because we had a T/A which was the same size as a S/A, which I felt they were "cashing in" on T/A's they now charge by length.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Until last year £10 p/y

But have had to move it futher away so at the moment £0.00

Just a pain now the llong haul, hubby looked into places nearer cost was £550 p/y

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The Caravan Club have just confirmed the price for the new site at Strathclyde Park as £360, I have asked for the information pack but I am unsure if I will use it as it is £110 more than the CASSOA Gold site we use at the moment. The advantage is that the van would be 15 miles nearer so we will have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Just in case anyone is interested in indoor storage in France, this warehouse near Orleans will store your caravan indoors, for just 240 euros per year - that's less than £200 at today's rate! And they'll tow it up to forty kilometres to site, free of charge.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi to you all out there. The TravellingRooster has travelled and now is based in Northumberland.
Our new storage is a CaSSOA Gold facility at Lynemouth,Northumberland and for our 26ft Twin Axle it is £200.00 per annum.
Our previous storage was a non-rated one on the outskirts of Rainford,Lancashire and was £320.00 for the same van.
The new site has an integrated caravan care (for self washing and airline etc) point,it also has a toilet on site. The other was very basic and a charge was made for the caravan washing by the site owner but there was a toilet available but no airline.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts