Cot sides

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a Lunar Zenith 2003 model. Our first child has just turned 5, and we now have a 5 week old baby. We want to carry on caravaning, but will probably wait until the babe is a few months old. Does anyone know if we can get suitable cot sides for the lower bunk? Or, can anyone reccomend a suitable, lightweight small travelcot? Simon.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have just purchased through ebay a folding samsonite travel cot it folds to the size of a dinner plate! and its very light. When we had our second daughter we used a cot side that was adjustable which did the job and didnt weigh too much. If we can be of anymore help please email us

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When our children were small we used a Mothercare bed-guard. It was longer than the child, and had arms which went under the matress - so there were no fixings to damage the caravan. It folds flat for storage.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had the same problem. We decided not to use bed guards because when the baby can pull themself up there is a risk of falling out of the bed. We managed to get a narrow travel cot from a company called Brevi - which lists caravanning as one of their uses. The standard width ones like from Mothercare are too wide and prevent passage from one end of the caravan to the other which also would represent a fire hazard.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We still use a 'Mothercare' type bed guard like Mike P has mentioned. The arms go under the matress, it's more than long enough and it stores in the wardrobe without any hassle. Our daughter is nearly 4 but she still fell out of bed last year before we started using it. Now we have peace of mind that she won't fall out of bed during the night and up to now it has been 100% successful.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too have had this dilemma,my travel cot was too wide and also I was concerned about the floor vent draughts.

I used a bedguard that I bought from a car boot for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts