Cotswold CC sites

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're thinking about either the CC Cotswold sites, Broadway or Moreton in the Marsh & we're not sure which to choose. Has anyone experience of either of these sites to help us decide?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Maz, Both are well laid out & well managed like most CC sites. Both are within easy walking distance of the towns with restaurants, pubs, shops & places of interest. Both have hard standing pitches and are equally nice to stay at. Sorry if this hasn't helped you make up your mind but you'll not be disappointed whichever one you choose & you're close enough to have a trip to the other for future reference.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Maz

As Gooner has said they are both good, I would say Moreton is better if you have children, large play area and games field available,also you park your car alongside the caravan at Broadway,on some of the Moreton pitches you have to park your car across the front of the caravan, blocking the view, don't forget you also have Cirencester and Burford in the Cotswolds.All good sites.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
They are all pretty good - I prefer Broadway or Bladon Chains (Woodstock) or Cirencester, having had some unnecessary aggro from a warden (some years ago) at Moreton

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hiya, ive been to moreton and broadway sites a few times. moreton is a nice site but its twice the size of broadway. at moreton there is a dog walking field and a play area for the kids. the pitches arnt as big as broadway so you end up with your car, mpv or 4 x 4 as a view. the wardens are ok but they are obsessed with cutting the grass. moreton is alot busier than broadway and if you pitch up nr the main road its noisy and really fast.

broadway, the only fault with this site is the small dog walk. but you walk it off site. the pitches are huge, the site is really open and on 2 levels and its so beautiful and peaceful. there is a small area for the kids to play. the toilet facilities are spotless and the showers have wooden benches to sit on to dry rather than a plastic stool.

broadways village is a chocolate box beautiful village lots of fab shop and only a 10/15 min walk from the site.

i would choose broadway over moreton anytime.

jo-anne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your comment folks.

I was passing the M5 junction for both these sites a couple of days back so made a detour & had a look at Broadway - I didn't have time for Morton as well. It looks like a great site & although full, appeared quiet & the pitches were large even by CC standards.

We want to walk some of the Cotswold Way next year and the trail goes through Broadway village, so will probably choose the Broadway site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts