Country Tourer 4x4 Vauxhall Insignia.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
HI Just bought my first 4x4. Bit different to the Sport Tourer bigger ground clearance, drive train etc. Any advise on tyres servicing. Not the one in the pic but same trim. Mines Glacier White, You need sun glasses to look at it when the sun shines. 2 0L Diesel 163 hp 350nm toque. 1900 towing limit.
vauxhall_insignia_ct 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Lovely car Dave, it will look great with your van on the back.
I would go for a set of All season tyres, as the tread pattern are good for grass.
Although I went for Hankooks K117s. Not all season,

Reactions: DaveA1
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Looks nice, I didn't know Vauxhall did a 4x4 version. A bit like the old 4x4 Cavalier, I only ever saw one of those on the road.

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
I suspect it will have a Haldex system for the 4x4 and I would strongly advise getting somebody competent to do a Haldex oli service on it.

Vauxhall will no doubt say however it doesn't need one, but then they stand to gain when it breaks.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
HI Just bought my first 4x4. Bit different to the Sport Tourer bigger ground clearance, drive train etc. Any advise on tyres servicing. Not the one in the pic but same trim. Mines Glacier White, You need sun glasses to look at it when the sun shines. 2 0L Diesel 163 hp 350nm toque. 1900 towing limit.
View attachment 7090
Looks fantastic hope you enjoy your new towcar

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I suspect it will have a Haldex system for the 4x4 and I would strongly advise getting somebody competent to do a Haldex oli service on it.

Vauxhall will no doubt say however it doesn't need one, but then they stand to gain when it breaks.
The first road test in car I noticed a noise from the rear. When I told them I was going to pull out, the service manager told me he had noticed it, telling me to come back next morning. Different feel and no noise, told me they had serviced the Haldex system, changing one filter and cleaning another. Sold.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The first road test in car I noticed a noise from the rear. When I told them I was going to pull out, the service manager told me he had noticed it, telling me to come back next morning. Different feel and no noise, told me they had serviced the Haldex system, changing one filter and cleaning another. Sold.
My Suberb estate with Haldex required oil change and filter clean every 40000 miles.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Per towbar fitting: before I retired one of my colleagues - also a caravanner - had one of these as a Co car and he said it towed superbly. However there is an issue with rear lights - if those on the car shown are the same.
The rear lights are on the tailgate. When the tailgate is opened the lights shine up into the sky, so in their wisdom Vauxhall fitted a second pair of rear lights on the part of the body that is exposed when the tailgate is opened. Good idea - except that they also fitted auto-switching so that the on-body lights only come on when the tailgate is opened (logical) but in the same process the lights on the tailgate go off. Unfortunately the caravan tail lights are usually operated from the tailgate circuit so they go off as well!
Ergo, when you get the towbar fitted investigate this switching action with the fitting company, and in particular make sure that the caravan tail lights stay on when the car tailgate is opened.
Good luck!

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Per towbar fitting: before I retired one of my colleagues - also a caravanner - had one of these as a Co car and he said it towed superbly. However there is an issue with rear lights - if those on the car shown are the same.
The rear lights are on the tailgate. When the tailgate is opened the lights shine up into the sky, so in their wisdom Vauxhall fitted a second pair of rear lights on the part of the body that is exposed when the tailgate is opened. Good idea - except that they also fitted auto-switching so that the on-body lights only come on when the tailgate is opened (logical) but in the same process the lights on the tailgate go off. Unfortunately the caravan tail lights are usually operated from the tailgate circuit so they go off as well!
Ergo, when you get the towbar fitted investigate this switching action with the fitting company, and in particular make sure that the caravan tail lights stay on when the car tailgate is opened.
Good luck!
Yes the lights are the same, as they were on my Sport tourer. I will ask what can be done. Although could switch the Hazards on .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts