Covid -19 again😥😢😢

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
So now the numbers are rising significantly. What’s the chance do you think our Woosiefest in early October will still happen? We are ready to go and chomping at the bit. We need a break😀😀😀😀

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am not a Woosie but we plan to go to Wareham for a few days end of this week. Just to give the Arctic sleeping bags a holiday. However it all depends on if my test comes back negative indicating it’s just a winter cold. Unbelievable washing hands like mad, social distancing, not mixing or visiting folks or family and you still get a rotten cold. Hopefully that’s all it is. I was reluctant to seek a test but daughter who has recently been transferred to a Covid ready psychiatric unit was insistent despite me showing her the CDC/WHO matrix of symptoms. Anyway the van is now at home pointing in the direction of take off.
PS no problem in booking a test postal, walk-in or drive in.

Enjoy the Fest.

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve got a long weekend 1st Oct and another sometime in November but all we can do is keep fingers crossed, good luck everyone that you get to go when your booked and that OC your test is negative I’ll def keep fingers crossed there for you mate.

BP

Reactions: otherclive

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I think that there will be an attempt to keep the economy afloat and keep everything open. The most likely measure is no mixing of households, so you should be OK but won’t get down the pub together.
mel

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i agree with what Mel says i hope they keep economy afloat and i am keeping my fingers crossed because we have change our booking on Saturday to a new date in Oct . and OC i hope your test is negative and you can have your break

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We are the same DD, collect van week tomorrow, fill it up on the Wednesday, search for the creaking floor, come past yours about middayon the M4.
DinL had covid test last week but Negative so both good and bad, glad she hasn't got it but if they had then they would have hopefully some immunity, can't win i suppose.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I hope we don't have to go into full lockdown again, but I don't discount the possibility that further restrictions will be applied.

However I think we are in a slightly better place than in March this year. Generally the public's awareness for the need for safe distancing and personal/public hygiene is better now than then, and that is a significant factor in slowing the transmission of the virus, But on the other hand there are those few who persistently don't consider how their actions are spreading C19, and that is what is raising the R value.

Anybody who is living in our society should understand the relative freedoms we have also come with responsibilities and, just in the same way it is anti social to spread fires, it is antisocial to act recklessly and spread viruses as it endangers others.

England's chief medical officer Professor Chris Whitty's statement broadcast this morning said "You cannot just take your own risk, you are taking a risk on behalf of everybody else...eventually it will reach those who are vulnerable"

Until we have either eradicated the virus, or we have an effective vaccine and treatments that relieve the symptoms, the majority of the population are still potential victims waiting to be infected.

Reactions: WayneS and PTA

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
So now the numbers are rising significantly. What’s the chance do you think our Woosiefest in early October will still happen? We are ready to go and chomping at the bit. We need a break😀😀😀😀
I think that unless the R number rises dramatically the Woosie meet should be ok.
This will be our third caravan outing since July and the last two sites have been really good at risk reduction.
We used our own onboard facilities and will be doing the same again at Waterrow.
Our home town is currently under extra lockdown measures, because people elsewhere in a different part of the borough have completely ignored previous social distancing guidelines.
We're looking forward to seeing the Woosies, but we will continue to maintain safe social distancing as we have on our two previous caravan trips.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I think that unless the R number rises dramatically the Woosie meet should be ok.
This will be our third caravan outing since July and the last two sites have been really good at risk reduction.
We used our own onboard facilities and will be doing the same again at Waterrow.
Our home town is currently under extra lockdown measures, because people elsewhere in a different part of the borough have completely ignored previous social distancing guidelines.
We're looking forward to seeing the Woosies, but we will continue to maintain safe social distancing as we have on our two previous caravan trips.
Hi Parksy have a nice time at Waterrow
Take Care Keep Safe

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Lets hope that the folk that are going away anywhere, are going to be sensible, I am looking forward to getting away, the van has had one run home since last September. And we are hoping to get away during the Winter if its dry.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am not a Woosie but we plan to go to Wareham for a few days end of this week. Just to give the Arctic sleeping bags a holiday. However it all depends on if my test comes back negative indicating it’s just a winter cold. Unbelievable washing hands like mad, social distancing, not mixing or visiting folks or family and you still get a rotten cold. Hopefully that’s all it is. I was reluctant to seek a test but daughter who has recently been transferred to a Covid ready psychiatric unit was insistent despite me showing her the CDC/WHO matrix of symptoms. Anyway the van is now at home pointing in the direction of take off.
PS no problem in booking a test postal, walk-in or drive in.

Enjoy the Fest.

Applied for covid test lunchtime Monday. 1600 email from AmazonLogistics that test was on its way. It arrived 1020 the next morning. Test posted in priority post box on Tuesday fir 1730 collection. Test in Glasgow for 0750 Wednesday. Result messaged to phone 0945 this morning. Surprisingly good service. 1000 set off for four days in Wareham. Phew 👍

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Applied for covid test lunchtime Monday. 1600 email from AmazonLogistics that test was on its way. It arrived 1020 the next morning. Test posted in priority post box on Tuesday fir 1730 collection. Test in Glasgow for 0750 Wednesday. Result messaged to phone 0945 this morning. Surprisingly good service. 1000 set off for four days in Wareham. Phew 👍
Thats good news OC, ! Stay safe, it shows that somewhere in the country it does work, As Woosie king, for last year and now this year, Folk with the Woosie daft sense of humour are welcome to come to the thread. And hopefully come along to a Woosiefest, .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thats good news OC, ! Stay safe, it shows that somewhere in the country it does work, As Woosie king, for last year and now this year, Folk with the Woosie daft sense of humour are welcome to come to the thread. And hopefully come along to a Woosiefest, .
Hutch
Thanks but when we get home we expect the scaffolders to arrive for major roof works, and our next planned outing is half term to Norfolk. If that goes ahead it will be bizarre as 2020 the year of lock down will have been our best year since 2017. The site in Norfolk have been happy to defer full payment until near arrival date and if the “ contact breaker” comes in or anything to do with further restrictions the payment can be rolled over.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our neighbour across the road has just left to go to Witten lakes, not many pitches left, The Willows at Huntingdon the same, even the cl site, so everyone is getting away, lets see what happens in a months time, and how many caravans come back on the market, hopefully not too many, we might see new sites opening up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts