Covid 19 in 1.5 hours!

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Amazed to have received a phone call today at 13.30 asking if I wanted a Covid19 jab. Appointment at 14.40, out by 15.00 and on my way home. Pziefer Bionteck and next appointing in 12 weeks already made.

Hope everyone gets such efficient service from the NHS.

It goes without saying that nothing changes in the way I respect the dangers of this pathogenic virus and without doubt nothing will change in the way I go about my life and the care I take - this is just a start!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes it’s quite common to offer short notice appointments to fill gaps left over from no shows or vaccine left over that cannot be returned to store. When I took my daughter fir hers last Saturday evening I deliberately only wore a t shirt and fleece as they would use surplus phials on those who accompanied the scheduled recipient. Good news for you not so good for me though.

Hope though it was the vaccine you received in 1.5 hours and not the virus 😷😷😷

Last edited:
Reactions: Scorpy
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My granddaughter had a friend who’s mother working at a vaccine location, towards the end they’d got a surplus and managed to jab 4 of granddaughters neighbours who weren’t far of being eligible and 20 policeman at a local station, that’s what I would call good use of resources.

BP

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Amazed to have received a phone call today at 13.30 asking if I wanted a Covid19 jab. Appointment at 14.40, out by 15.00 and on my way home. Pziefer Bionteck and next appointing in 12 weeks already made.

Hope everyone gets such efficient service from the NHS.

It goes without saying that nothing changes in the way I respect the dangers of this pathogenic virus and without doubt nothing will change in the way I go about my life and the care I take - this is just a start!
Just discussing this with my Mrs-couple of questions:
What area are you in & What teir were you in for jab?
We are in T4 (over70 & Vulnerable) and just wondering if you're same or higher tier.
Glad you got the jab bud, really pleased for you & the NHS speed of service
Mike

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mrs H ( 69 this year, and with COPD) recieved a text msg yesterday at about 16.30 from local GP surgery and got a slot for 10.30 this morning. In for 45 minutes with waiting time.
By 14.00 she had a headache, by 18.00 she said she felt like maybe a cold was starting. But now she is fine again , slightly sore arm.
So all good for the first jab for her, 50% relief, still not going out until after the second jab.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Just discussing this with my Mrs-couple of questions:
What area are you in & What teir were you in for jab?
We are in T4 (over70 & Vulnerable) and just wondering if you're same or higher tier.
Glad you got the jab bud, really pleased for you & the NHS speed of service
Mike

Sent message Mike

Reactions: Scorpy
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Mrs H ( 69 this year, and with COPD) recieved a text msg yesterday at about 16.30 from local GP surgery and got a slot for 10.30 this morning. In for 45 minutes with waiting time.
By 14.00 she had a headache, by 18.00 she said she felt like maybe a cold was starting. But now she is fine again , slightly sore arm.
So all good for the first jab for her, 50% relief, still not going out until after the second jab.

No pain or discomfort yesterday but woke with slightly sore arm this morning.
Glad your wife is doing ok.

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts