Covid -19 strange regulations??

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lets not start a "my information is the correct one " war.

The topic is Covid19 Strange Regulations.

It is NOT about what access system your particular surgery is using and in particular it has nothing to do with regulations!!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Lets not start a "my information is the correct one " war.

The topic is Covid19 Strange Regulations.

It is NOT about what access system your particular surgery is using and in particular it has nothing to do with regulations!!!
Damian
Understood but my post was to forewarn some that when using the incorrect spelling of the software you can be linked to at least two insecure sites that my Norton has rejected, and one for women’s apparel. I will not insert them as links.
But as far as I am concerned no further comment from me.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A timely reminder.

This is a caravan forum, it is NOT a medical directory or consultation area, and therefore posters must NOT detail their medical history or ailments for all to see.

Your medical situation is between yourself and your health provider and should remain as such.

Your medical situation is confidential and I am sure many , if not all, of you would be up in arms and pounding on various peoples doors if your Doctor or surgery published your details, so DONT do it here !!!!!!

Your medical situation is of no concern to anyone but you, and most certainly not any of the users of this Forum.

Reactions: otherclive
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
A timely reminder.

This is a caravan forum, it is NOT a medical directory or consultation area, and therefore posters must NOT detail their medical history or ailments for all to see.

Your medical situation is between yourself and your health provider and should remain as such.

Your medical situation is confidential and I am sure many , if not all, of you would be up in arms and pounding on various peoples doors if your Doctor or surgery published your details, so DONT do it here !!!!!!

Your medical situation is of no concern to anyone but you, and most certainly not any of the users of this Forum.

I believe that is directed at me, Although I have not divulged any personal medical information whatsoever. Perhaps you misunderstood the list of complaints, but they are conditions that I DO NOT have but we’re wrongly entered on my records.

Though I have divulged my situation which is purely my propagative to do. And my entitlement. My ‘situation‘ should indeed be understood by others. Keeping such crucially important mistakes hidden will be of no advantage to anyone. Also it will never lead to any improvement in people’s health care in this respect. I DO accept your durisdiction with regards to this forum. But please do not lecture me on what I can and cannot share with others.

I accept that it is not directly linked to the topic title, but it was in responce to beachball‘s statement. Though tenuous, I felt that my unfortunate experience, and the fact that we are all now able to excess our records particularly given the current pandemic.

My posts are there ONLY as a genuine attempt to give help to others. It may not be the right place to do it, but hopefully some have been helped by it.

You will hear no more from me on it. Except to say I am disappointed with your response. Particularly publicly.

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I had some work done on the car recently and again the TV was off in the waiting area. The answer was simply that the remote could be used to change channels by customers if it was on and they were not able to allow that. We also got hard plastic seats on the basis they were safer to clean down as against softer ones. After half an hour I did wonder if on that day I would take the risk.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Amazing🤪🤪Better than pass the parcel😉😉
I started this thread because my car dealer wouldn’t allow the TV on.
Thanks Ray. Now I understand. It was access to the remote control that may have passed on C19. What a tortuous world we live in.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Clive.
It’s very clear from the instructions only a health care trained person will be able to do the vaccinations. The amount of preparation required may well reduce significantly the number of people who can be injected per hour. I had imagined a production line , like we had at school where each injection took about 20 seconds. Clearly this is far more complex. Note the reference to pregnancy too.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that Clive.
It’s very clear from the instructions only a health care trained person will be able to do the vaccinations. The amount of preparation required may well reduce significantly the number of people who can be injected per hour. I had imagined a production line , like we had at school where each injection took about 20 seconds. Clearly this is far more complex. Note the reference to pregnancy too.
Thanks Dusty. My son spends his time keeping abreast of developments in the field of Clinical Research and last evening I asked him why the Beeb had mentioned the “preparation “ sequences for this vaccine and what it had to be diluted with prior to administering the shot.

Luckily at school with a surname beginning “A” I was first in line and got the needle whilst it was still sharp 👍

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks clive from the instructions my wife (Nurse) will be able to give me the vaccine when the doctor says i am alright to have it

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
For anyone who may be interested the link below details the Regulator‘s instructions for administering the Pfizer vaccine. It shows the complexity of what most of us would think of as a pretty routine task.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...fessionals-on-pfizerbiontech-covid-19-vaccine

That is informative. But things could change.

This para from the link:

There are no data available on the interchangeability of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 with other COVID-19 vaccines to complete the vaccination series. Individuals who have received one dose of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 should receive a second dose of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 to complete the vaccination series.

It is now reported that tests are being undertaken to deliberately give more than one vaccine instead of two doses of the same. It is thought that this MAY provide a broader scope of protection.

I imagine that’s a good way off.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That is informative. But things could change.

This para from the link:

There are no data available on the interchangeability of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 with other COVID-19 vaccines to complete the vaccination series. Individuals who have received one dose of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 should receive a second dose of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 to complete the vaccination series.

It is now reported that tests are being undertaken to deliberately give more than one vaccine instead of two doses of the same. It is thought that this MAY provide a broader scope of protection.

I imagine that’s a good way off.

John
The web page from HMG was issued yesterday. How more up to date would you like it. It reports current status not a crystal ball for the future. The “ hybrid” tests are planned but like all drug trials the protocols have to be approved prior to commencement. The added complexity is what combination of hybrids will be tested as they emanate from different pharmaceutical companies, and what dosage? So each company will want assurance that the trials will not detract from the reputation and efficacy of their product. It’s a more complex trial management process.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The web page from HMG was issued yesterday. How more up to date would you like it. It reports current status not a crystal ball for the future. The “ hybrid” tests are planned but like all drug trials the protocols have to be approved prior to commencement. The added complexity is what combination of hybrids will be tested as they emanate from different pharmaceutical companies, and what dosage? So each company will want assurance that the trials will not detract from the reputation and efficacy of their product. It’s a more complex trial management process.

Steady. I never for one second suggested that it was NOT up to date. Just that things are fluid and MAY be changing.

Please read my post again. I said “things COULD change”

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I see that the U.K. Biobank run by the Medical Research Council has been instructed by the Secretary of State for Health to access participants primary care records for data on both positive and negative Covid tests to support Covid research.
I believe that this is the first time ever that this type of instruction has been given to the UK Biobank since its inception. This will complement work on vaccines and treatments not just for Covid but other potential virus’

Setting up the UK Biobank was a remarkably forward looking achievement unique in the world. Something that is helping present and future generations.

https://www.ukbiobank.ac.uk/explore-your-participation/stay-involved/newsletter-2020

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There’s a book recently published by the The Sunday Tines Insught Team ) Calvertband Arbuthnot) which goes into a lot of depth about how the Coronavirus was handled in Britain. It is titled “Failures of State”. It’s timeline is right from the very outset in Wuhan through to the start of the vaccination. Only in hard copy at present but paperback will no doubt be out soon. A really riveting read for anyone with an interest in how the infection, then pandemic was handled.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts