COVID - 2nd Wave - To go or not to go?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think when determining the 'Shall we go or Shall we not'.

its just not the 'Personal Risk' that should be taking into consideration.... But also the much bigger picture if you pick up the virus, how many more people might you infect!.....
I believe this is very much the view that we all should be considering. We are fighting a war, This enemy is using stealth, more like a terrorist and its waiting to infect you when you when you let your guard down.

No air raid shelters or early warning systems can tell you where its lurking, and it might use you to infiltrate your home and infect your family .

Its not just your safety that you need to consider, its everyone's.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
In the early days caravans were included with the 'hospitality' group such as hotels etc. As there is now pressure on HMG to keep hospitality working the caravan site business should be OK.
However what happens if there is another full lockdown? Will you be able to get home with or without the caravan, or will you be stuck where you are for weeks? AND if that happens how do you get food shopping - I can't see Tesco delivering to pitch 49 on the CMC site at Sandringham, can you?
I have know two couples who went away and isolated and had Tesco and Sainbury deliverys to their pitches on sites, nothing different to at home, also deliverys from Deliveroo and local delivery companies, why not.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually i agree with Hutch i can see Tesco/Sainsbury if you have a delivery to your pitch on site it no different at home .
They did when we were seasonal or stopping in a holiday lodge i book a slot and they came .

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
You could opt for the Click & Collect service to minimise risk by not having to traipse around a supermarket for groceries.

You can't use click and collect if you are not allowed out of your home - which some of the even present rules (eg university accommodation in Manchester) will not allow.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Someone wants the current government to make a promise that all students should be able to go home for Christmas. Why are students more important than police or service personnel never mind NHS staff. Surely if a student is infected and they go home for Christmas they stand a good chance of infecting others? When I left school to join the services and never spent Christmas at home for 3 years!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Someone wants the current government to make a promise that all students should be able to go home for Christmas. Why are students more important than police or service personnel never mind NHS staff. Surely if a student is infected and they go home for Christmas they stand a good chance of infecting others? When I left school to join the services and never spent Christmas at home for 3 years!
Police NHS or Service are working personnel and if not at work would presumably be at home, or in the case of service personnel be with their unit; possibly being served Christmas Lunch by the Officers (Ruperts). No one is saying infected students should go home, but rather than getting hooked on media hype etc why not see how things develop and make a rational decision based on facts.

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You can't use click and collect if you are not allowed out of your home - which some of the even present rules (eg university accommodation in Manchester) will not allow.
If you're under strict lockdown because you have been in contact with an infected person or if you are infected why would you be away in your caravan anyway?
The point originally being made was about supermarket deliveries to caravan sites, it has moved on to university students since but you are quoting my reply completely out of context Woodentop.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Click and collect or click and delivery? Seems to me even in full lockdown isolation home deliveries themselves carry a risk purely by the number of human hands that have touched your products. Ever watched the staff doing the picking ? Students doing part time jobs🤪🤪🤪😀😀😀

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Click and collect or click and delivery? Seems to me even in full lockdown isolation home deliveries themselves carry a risk purely by the number of human hands that have touched your products. Ever watched the staff doing the picking ? Students doing part time jobs🤪🤪🤪😀😀😀

Thats an interesting take on the problem. So even those EV people who have food parcels delivered may be doing the wrong thing? But what is the right thing? Unless you are a disciple of John Seymour it's neigh impossible to isolate yourself totally from fellow human beings interactions with your supplies.

D2A3F957-28CD-4379-ADE6-3CAF80193413_4_5005_c.jpeg
John Seymour (deceased)

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We have been doing our main food shopping Since March and have no intention at all of changing our routine, we get a full weeks provisions delivered every Monday at the same time, the driver brings it to our side door under the carport, I wear gloves to empty the bags and every item that comes out of the bags gets wiped with anti bacterial wipes and I stack it inside the door where my wife then puts everything away, I don’t know how much risk remains on the food packaging but I reckon this is as safe a way of getting our shopping done that I can think of, if anyone has a less risk way of shopping I’d be happy to consider it, maybe I’m being over careful, I’ve survived thus far through this pandemic and hope to continue to be Covid free, I’m back out working taking all the precautions I can sensibly make, I would say my thoughts are “I manage my life choices to lower my risks rather than allowing the virus to manage my life”

BP

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Most councils have an anonymous reporting line. I used ours when I booked a haircut and walked out as they weren’t even paying lip service to guidelines.(English) I told them why I was leaving. Yet the Turkish one i then booked was absolutely meticulous even putting new covers on the chairs between customers. Don’t muck around we all pay the penalty for the anti social approach that you have described.

Saturday at barbs, me with mask him face mask. quite funny him holding my mask to one side whilst going around my ears then pinging it back and what did you say?.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
1q
It's all about managing risk to yourself and to others DD.
If supermarkets insisted on no mask = no entry and the one way shopping system was observed in the stores I'd go every time to do our own shopping.
For us who are considered to be vulnerable because of underlying health issues, the less close contact with crowds of strangers the better, so we either click and collect or book deliveries.
We have to accept some risk from packaging that has been touched by others, but we wash our own hands regularly and thoroughly, and the cooking process will kill any virus if done properly.
Having said all that, we're going for a meal at a pub / restaurant tomorrow evening with my eldest son, daughter in law and granddaughter because it's my granddaughter's birthday.
We're not supposed to visit each other's homes under local lockdown rules, but up to six of us can meet and sit together for a pub meal.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We are like BP, anything that comes into the house get a wipe down with a Soapy, bleach water solution and left on the patio table , any fruit and veg is put in the sink in a Milton solution, a bit OTT some might say but wifey has stage 3 COPD , so taking no chances, in a pub garden she wipes her wine glass down with Hand sanatiser.

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well we have just paid the balance for a trip to Norfolk at the end of October. Both us and Norfolk are in Tier 1 and with our daughter now on a Covid ready mental health ward and 15 year old granddaughter at schools the balance of risks are probably lower by being away in the caravan. We just need to ensure that the house has its roof back on before we go.

IMG_1532.jpeg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Enjoy the break Clive , well deserved. You may be surprised how many others will be away. Here at Porlock it is heaving . We are on an ordinary pitch, no WiFi, no phone , 7 channel TV. We use our own toilet and shower facilities, just as easy and Covid free. The pubs here are very well run and Covid protected. Impressive.
Just a great pleasure to be away!👍👍

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Enjoy the break Clive , well deserved. You may be surprised how many others will be away. Here at Porlock it is heaving . We are on an ordinary pitch, no WiFi, no phone , 7 channel TV. We use our own toilet and shower facilities, just as easy and Covid free. The pubs here are very well run and Covid protected. Impressive.
Just a great pleasure to be away!👍👍
Dusty
Others have reported sites being quite full too. Hopefully it will keep the sites viable through winter. Nice that the weather has improved for you after Waterrow.
clive

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Parksy,
No unfortunately not, with such super looking pub with Banks' too. I would even trim three inches off my left leg to go for a pint there. :)
You only need a couple of pints in the Crooked House Clive.
The odd angles inside can make you feel slightly inebriated.
It was a regular summer Sunday evening outing for us as kids with our Dad in his old Standard Flying 10 in the 1950s.
Vimto and crisps all round ☺️

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The subsidence must have occurred fairly early on as the chimney's seem to have been straightened. o_O

Much of the Black Country is now delineated as Level 2 on the Gov's new frame work. So visiting the pub is not advised. At least it'll save that hangover after leaving it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The subsidence must have occurred fairly early on as the chimney's seem to have been straightened. o_O

Much of the Black Country is now delineated as Level 2 on the Gov's new frame work. So visiting the pub is not advised. At least it'll save that hangover after leaving it.

Tiers (sic) all round for the locals then. 😂

Reactions: RogerL and Parksy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site

More footballers down on one knee I expect🤪🤪🤪. Gets smacked😃😃

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts