Covid booster jab

Page 9 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately some back street SA journalists are placing the blame on the West for the Covid stating it is an evil plan to reduce the population hence the reluctance as many are still very superstitious and they still believe in witch doctors.
In Africa witch doctors are very powerful and most people in the West have no idea of the type of power they can hold over the local population.
All our relatives in SA have been vaccinated, but they have only been allowed one vaccination.

Superstition, misinformation, entrenched unsuported (religous and non-religous) beliefs and regrettably downright stupidity; all have proved to be very counter-productive in persuaiding the masses to voluntarily innoculate.

Comment and external link removed. Totally off topic and irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Superstition, misinformation, entrenched unsuported (religous and non-religous) beliefs and regrettably downright stupidity; all have proved to be very counter-productive in persuaiding the masses to voluntarily innoculate.
Nothing wrong in believing in God and angels however I think this is a religious aspect that is not allowed on the forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sadly daughter in South Africa has tested positive for Covid 19, but variant unknown as used a home test so having proper one done today sometime.
As teacher apparently she had to attend a meeting regarding a Christmas party and no one was wearing masks. Shortly afterwards she was notified that one of the attendees had tested positive.
Generally she has been very careful but slipped up on this one. So self isolating at home. Luckily it is now school holidays for the next 6 weeks. Just hope she is going to be okay as already lost one daughter this year.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sadly daughter in South Africa has tested positive for Covid 19, but variant unknown as used a home test so having proper one done today sometime.
As teacher apparently she had to attend a meeting regarding a Christmas party and no one was wearing masks. Shortly afterwards she was notified that one of the attendees had tested positive.
Generally she has been very careful but slipped up on this one. So self isolating at home. Luckily it is now school holidays for the next 6 weeks. Just hope she is going to be okay as already lost one daughter this year.
Hope it works out okay for her and the family avoid it.

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Bad news mate . Shame she and the family couldn’t get over here as planned. On the bright side here’s to a successful quick recovery, more immunity, and a final journey to UK

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thinking of you, your daughter and families at this time, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Talking of Christmas celebrations I was invited by one of our clients to watch Exeter Chiefs in a VIP box this weekend , all expenses paid with meal, drinks etc all in.
Sat back and thought about it and reluctantly cancelled on Monday, due to being in a box with numerous other folk whom I dont know or of there backgrounds. Always next year!!

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
So difficult trying to avoid it in an educational setting. And hope that your daughter and family don't suffer too much.
My wife is a teacher and one of the kids in her class was ill last week, she sent him to the office to be returned home, but office staff said it was "just a cold" and sent him back to class. Wife sent him to the office again , this kid never complains normally but yet again he was sent back to class.
Following day he was not in school as had tested positive. You can't make this stuff up!
So we cancelled our xmas get together with some lovely friends that we don't get to see often last weekend and expected the worst. Thankfully none of us have tested positive as yet, but we know its just a matter of time.
We take all the precautions that we can, unfortunately the same can't be said for everyone else

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and that the results today will be prove to be good and she will be well and safe.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thinking of you, your daughter and families at this time, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Talking of Christmas celebrations I was invited by one of our clients to watch Exeter Chiefs in a VIP box this weekend , all expenses paid with meal, drinks etc all in.
Sat back and thought about it and reluctantly cancelled on Monday, due to being in a box with numerous other folk whom I dont know or of there backgrounds. Always next year!!

I had similar concerns when my son obtained two tickets for the Autumn Internationals Wales v Australia at the Principality Stadium. But we decided to go to the match, but to stay out of the pubs and restaurants. Glad we went as it was a cracking match. I had not been to the Principality since the Wales Barbarians match in 2019, but then food and drink were consumed in enjoyable quantities.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Ian, that such sad news at this time. Hope it pans out well and does not disrupt her plans too much.

John
They are planning to move to the UK after March as daughter needs to give a school term's notice when leaving so they can find a suitable replacement. Daughter is a teacher at a private school and standards are very high.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
They are planning to move to the UK after March as daughter needs to give a school term's notice when leaving so they can find a suitable replacement. Daughter is a teacher at a private school and standards are very high.
Was your daughter vaccinated against covid or not able to receive the vaccine. Notwithstanding hope she makes a good recovery.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Was your daughter vaccinated against covid or not able to receive the vaccine. Notwithstanding hope she makes a good recovery.
She has had the one and only vaccination being a teacher, but the population are only allowed one vaccination each. I think it is Johnson & Johnson vaccination.
The infection ate has jumped from about 6000 to over 13000 in the same area Gauteng mentioned in a previous post. Although Gauteng area is over 300 miles away around Johannesburg, as it is the holiday season residents from Guateng invade the coastal area where the daughter & family live so they need to be extra vigilant.

Last edited:
Reactions: otherclive
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope all goes well and she makes a full recovery. Possibly a warning to us all that we need to e careful.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I hope all goes well and she makes a full recovery. Possibly a warning to us all that we need to e careful.
Since my post the doctor came to the home and did a full examination and except for the Covid symptoms she appears to be in good health but still needs to isolate from rest of family. So good news so far, not like our "adopted" daughter in Guateng who earlier this year got full blown Covid and nearly died. Took her a couple of months to feel sort of okay.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Seems that the Omicron variant is spreading faster in the UK than anticipated and if the SA infection rate of doubling every 24 hours is anything to go by it is indeed worrying! See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59579077
Nick Triggle in the link reports doubling every three days, or so, which is still worrying particularly for those not vaccinated or boosted as there’s bound to be a increase in hospitalisations.
When and where do you think I should hold the Christmas Party that’s not a Christmas Party.?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have been just able to squeeze in a couple of cancelled and rolled over events before this next set of restrictions may be imposed. On Monday my wife and daughter went to an Il Divo concert in Bath, and tomorrow we have a Christmas lunch in a pub with friends. Should possibly have had the Christmas lunch back in September. Attendees have stuck to the agreement to have a LFT prior to attending, all report clear as if this afternoon.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Just watched the Richard Dimbleby lecture from the 6/12 with Dame Sarah Gilbert. A fantastic talker. But also extremely interesting and without being too technical. Well worth a watch.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just watched the Richard Dimbleby lecture from the 6/12 with Dame Sarah Gilbert. A fantastic talker. But also extremely interesting and without being too technical. Well worth a watch.

John
Her book is excellent too. Worth putting on the Christmas list.

“Vaxxers”

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
A discussion involving Covid and the UK response to it will inevitably involve the political decisions that are being made to try to prevent things from getting worse.
When personal political views start turning into personal differences on the message board it's time to call a halt.
I've taken down several recent comments from various members.
I've got more productive ways to pass the time than to waste it on refereeing political debates, so please refrain from entering into such debates in the future.
If anyone would care to check the rules of this forum they will see that one of these rules states that:
'These forums are for the discussion of caravans, motorhomes, and associated topics. Posts that derail from this topic, or attempt to steer the conversation to matters of religion, politics, or other unrelated issues may be removed'