Covid booster jab

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
According to bbc news today you still can’t have the booster jab until 6 months after 2nd original jab, what you can do is book it after 5months but your appointment will be a-month ahead of when you book, if you Google how to book a booster jab there is a booking service that an idiot would be able to understand all you need to do is tick 3 boxes and give date of birth and nhs number and job done you then get a list of places, dates and times you can book, click on which suits you and job done, I went online last Monday and booked the jab for Wednesday, done and jabbed as per the booking.
I can’t see why anyone would choose to not have any of the 3 vacs, and I think it should be compulsory but we all have our opinions on that point.

BP

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
According to bbc news today you still can’t have the booster jab until 6 months after 2nd original jab, what you can do is book it after 5months but your appointment will be a-month ahead of when you book, if you Google how to book a booster jab there is a booking service that an idiot would be able to understand all you need to do is tick 3 boxes and give date of birth and nhs number and job done you then get a list of places, dates and times you can book, click on which suits you and job done, I went online last Monday and booked the jab for Wednesday, done and jabbed as per the booking.
I can’t see why anyone would choose to not have any of the 3 vacs, and I think it should be compulsory but we all have our opinions on that point.

BP
You assume that all “ idiots” have internet access, or know how to fully utilise the capability of modern communications. The worlds not like that for many; unfortunately.😒

Last edited:

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
You assume that all “ idiots” have internet access, or know how to fully utilise the capability of modern communications. The worlds not like that for many; unfortunately.😒

This is particularly true in our region - Highlands. We have many elderly friends and neighbours who don't have mobile phones or internet access.

Also keep in mind that news seems to be England centric and in respect of NHS administration, different regions - Scotland, Wales and Northern Island - can operate differently.

Some of the elderly here had their first jabs almost 8 months ago and still don't have news of when they'll get the booster. When the first vaccination program was rolled out and administered by our local medical centre, staff actually went to the homes of some of the elderly that they knew hadn't contacted them for a shot. This time around, for whatever reason, the medical centre is not involved and the central administration seems to be in choas.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
There is a potential issue with some medical practices and the way vaccines are being deployed, and I have fallen foul of that massively. As stated, there is a set time to elapse before the booster jab can be given, and our medical practice in their wisdom have decided to do all those eligible for the flu jab at the same time, i.e. jab in each arm. I am due the booster around mid November, but we have normally had our flu jabs well before now.

We have just got back from three weeks in the Y. Dales, though yours truly only saw one week of it. At the end of week one, I went down with a genuine bout of flu, and lost the last two weeks completely. Indeed there are five full days that I cant remember. Going from a raging fever, high temp and the shivers one minute, to sweating and shaking, pounding head, blurred vision, every joint aching. This wasnt Covid19, we tested every 48 hours.

Before we went, I had heard reports of a viscious cold/flu bug that was unlike any other, and dismissed it, but my god, it hit me like a train. My wife went down two days before we came home, which left me shivering and aching, taking down a wet awning in torrential rain and high winds. Arriving home, when all I wanted to do was crawl into the duvet, I had to start drying the awning. Now 10 days after getting home, I am wheezing like a mortuary cat, weak as a kitten, and have no appetite whatsoever.

Over the years, many of you have heard me lament about the old caravanners and all being in it together. Two familes, youngish, around thirty travelling together with new first trip caravans got into a real mess both with awnings and levelling, and in torrential rain I went to help them get sorted. Packing on the last day, I was so weak, I was pulling out a peg and having to lean on the caravan wall for a rest each time, clearly struggling. Did they offer any help, did they hell. Im convinced if I had fallen flat on my face, out cold in the rain, they would have just sat and watched. The good old days are gone forever.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There is a potential issue with some medical practices and the way vaccines are being deployed, and I have fallen foul of that massively. As stated, there is a set time to elapse before the booster jab can be given, and our medical practice in their wisdom have decided to do all those eligible for the flu jab at the same time, i.e. jab in each arm. I am due the booster around mid November, but we have normally had our flu jabs well before now.

We have just got back from three weeks in the Y. Dales, though yours truly only saw one week of it. At the end of week one, I went down with a genuine bout of flu, and lost the last two weeks completely. Indeed there are five full days that I cant remember. Going from a raging fever, high temp and the shivers one minute, to sweating and shaking, pounding head, blurred vision, every joint aching. This wasnt Covid19, we tested every 48 hours.

Before we went, I had heard reports of a viscious cold/flu bug that was unlike any other, and dismissed it, but my god, it hit me like a train. My wife went down two days before we came home, which left me shivering and aching, taking down a wet awning in torrential rain and high winds. Arriving home, when all I wanted to do was crawl into the duvet, I had to start drying the awning. Now 10 days after getting home, I am wheezing like a mortuary cat, weak as a kitten, and have no appetite whatsoever.

Over the years, many of you have heard me lament about the old caravanners and all being in it together. Two familes, youngish, around thirty travelling together with new first trip caravans got into a real mess both with awnings and levelling, and in torrential rain I went to help them get sorted. Packing on the last day, I was so weak, I was pulling out a peg and having to lean on the caravan wall for a rest each time, clearly struggling. Did they offer any help, did they hell. Im convinced if I had fallen flat on my face, out cold in the rain, they would have just sat and watched. The good old days are gone forever.

Sorry to hear of your travails, pity your GP wasn't giving the flu vaccine out in the normal timescale. Many people underestimate flu and its severity. I had it a long while back in my forties. It took me out for three weeks and when I did start back to work I was on the phone to a colleague who was a doctor. "Christ you sound awful, should you be back at work" was his first comment. It took quite a while before the chronic tiredness wore off after a day at work. Hope you continue to get better.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We had our Covid booster at beginning of Oct and waited two - three weeks before going for our flu injections. No ill effects from the Covid injection, but OH's arm went very red after flu injection;

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We had our Covid booster at beginning of Oct and waited two - three weeks before going for our flu injections. No ill effects from the Covid injection, but OH's arm went very red after flu injection;
My wife had a reaction to the flu jab ended been very poorly for a few days so i hope OH arm is ok

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thingy.
Real sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than being ill when you are away😥😥.
I’m disappointed about the “youngsters” not helping you. That is something thank goodness I haven’t experienced. Let’s hope that isn’t a sign of the times long term.
The Woosies started years ago as a group of like minded caravanners . Have times changed that much? Do these idiots hold doors open for elderly?
At least you are both home and safe.
Had the flu and C19 jabs, no adverse effects.
According to our local nurse if you totally relax, go floppy, the injection will not cause an arm ache or soreness. She is correct 👏👏

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

You did say, your were drinking "Old Peculiar". 🍻😲

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
According to news on Sky this morning the gap is now 5 months and they are asking elderly and vulnerable to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
However the government should listen to the opposition and prioritise a sleaze issue which is more important!

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Having gone through the advice from NHS Scotland to phone (you got cutoff after 10 minutes) or email and leave a message to request an appointment we received a call back asking why we had called. Duh!

Now they are sending out letters which some of our friends have already received. There is hope yet.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We had ours just over two weeks ago. No problem with only a short queue. Only problem is that it does not show on my app.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Doesn’t show on my app so Mr Javids team have work to do, otherwise he will not be able to carry out his recent threat.
My booster doesn't show on my record either - if this is widespread the government is being misled about how many people haven't yet had their booster.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My booster doesn't show on my record either - if this is widespread the government is being misled about how many people haven't yet had their booster.
I don’t think they are being misled as each booster vaccination given is recorded as you can see on the daily figures on the HMG website. It’s just that the NHS app only shows our two vaccinations, the vaccines used and dates administered. But not the booster. I update my QR code every couple of days and it’s not there this morning despite having it on 16 October.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
How's everyone doing with getting their Covid Booster Jab? Here in the Highlands - possibily the rest of Scotland as well - the whole system seems to be in a mess with little information about when we'll get it.

Many doctors surgeries seem to be opting out of providing this and what information we have seems to change quickly. First there was a number to call, which naturally was continuously busy and would cut you off after 10mins. Then an email address to request an appointment - which went unanswered. Then the telephone system changed to just voice mail to leave name and post code - which went unanswered after leaving several messages.

There may well be logistical problems but even bad news would be something.
Speak for yourself,we live in Scotland and got our booster jabs last week as per the appointment letter we received.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Doesn’t show on my app so Mr Javids team have work to do, otherwise he will not be able to carry out his recent threat.
We had our booster on 6th Oct and app has not been updated although over a month has passed.
In addition the app states that my Covid pass will expire on 8th December! In essence if after 8th December we were travelling to a country that requires proof of both vaccinations we are up the creek!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We had our booster on 6th Oct and app has not been updated although over a month has passed.
In addition the app states that my Covid pass will expire on 8th December! In essence if after 8th December we were travelling to a country that requires proof of both vaccinations we are up the creek!

I suspect that each time you request the pass it will have a different date x number of days ahead. That way a pass will never last for ever which give a lesser chance of them being used fraudulently.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I suspect that each time you request the pass it will have a different date x number of days ahead. That way a pass will never last for ever which give a lesser chance of them being used fraudulently.

John
It’s a new pass each time you fetch it up on the app with refreshed validity period. Of course if you save it to your phones wallet for ease of access it could go out of date.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You could also be up the creek coming back too. And the SOS Health would require you to isolate on return if you’ve not been boosted if you are entitled to a booster. But he seems to have stepped back from that threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts