Covid booster jab

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The bottom line is if you are having trouble getting your booster jab, discuss the problem with your G.P. surgery. They will tell you what their arrangements are for accessing the booster or where you should go to in your area.

In these strange times, If you don't have the necessary records or permissions needed for foreign travel don't assume you will get them so don't book a journey until you are certain of your permissions, visa's etc.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The bottom line is if you are having trouble getting your booster jab, discuss the problem with your G.P. surgery. They will tell you what their arrangements are for accessing the booster or where you should go to in your area.

In these strange times, If you don't have the necessary records or permissions needed for foreign travel don't assume you will get them so don't book a journey until you are certain of your permissions, visa's etc.
Why not just ring 119 or go onto the online booking system as a lot of GPs have stopped doing them and will most likely refer you to the booking line. If you are eligible the on line system will give you a choice of local centres.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our GP had nothing to do with the booster. A text from NHS vaccine. Logged in and last Wednesday received it at a local pharmacy. No card given nor was I asked for my proof of the last two jabs. When you think the Track and Trace fiasco cost us £37 Billion what do we honestly expect from the booster app😜😜

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our GP had nothing to do with the booster. A text from NHS vaccine. Logged in and last Wednesday received it at a local pharmacy. No card given nor was I asked for my proof of the last two jabs. When you think the Track and Trace fiasco cost us £37 Billion what do we honestly expect from the booster app😜😜
Your GP may not have been directly involved but many others were. You GP is still the front line for non urgent medical matters.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
As I mentioned previously the system operates differently in different regions.

Our GP's medical centre acknowledged they had no involvement with the booster, unlike the first two shots.

The NHS Scotland number to call for appointments went largely unanswered. Same with using the recommended email.

We have no on line booking system.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Not so Prof. It seems it’s all a postcode lottery. Our GPS only did AZ and don’t have the facility for Pfizer. The issue here is why none of us can see on any NHS app etc proof we had the booster , nor were we issued with proof of jab

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not so Prof. It seems it’s all a postcode lottery. Our GPS only did AZ and don’t have the facility for Pfizer. The issue here is why none of us can see on any NHS app etc proof we had the booster , nor were we issued with proof of jab
That’s right for 1 and 2 we had cards with all the data. Not so the booster. Has the eye been taken off of the ball.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....we were issued with a card with full details of the booster jab the same as happened with jab 1&2.

The NHS app has your Covid vaccination record under the tab .....Your health.
This record may not be up to date with a recent booster jab but should be in due course.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
.....we were issued with a card with full details of the booster jab the same as happened with jab 1&2.

This record may not be up to date with a recent booster jab but should be in due course.
Nearly four weeks since my booster and still not updated. Suspect app wasn’t designed to take it and it’s work in progress. Certainly updating a persons NHS record shouldn’t take so long.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site

Bill
Exactly where did you get your booster? There seems to be a very wide variance around the country. I’m just glad we’ve been jabbed but clearly I currently have no proof 😥

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
When we had our booster jab the person on the desk took our details from the card that we were given for vaccines 1& 2, and after our booster we were given a new card.
1&2 were AZ and number 3 was Pfizer.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i am in the vulnerable group so it should any day now i be called to have my booster jab only thing is where we are not getting a signal on my mobile so i hope they text me .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

However nearly 6 weeks is a long time to wait for it to be updated to show on your medical record which I could not access yesterday due to a system fault with the app!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
i am in the vulnerable group so it should any day now i be called to have my booster jab only thing is where we are not getting a signal on my mobile so i hope they text me .
If you're in the vulnerable group you should have already been called - best to contact your GP surgery and chase it up.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....personally I don't care if it takes some time to update my vaccination record on the NHS app.

Best if the NHS and GPs prioritise the booster and flu jabs especially as my local council area is currently the 11th worst area for Covid infection rates in England!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Why not go online, or phone 119 as this time around in some area GPs are not as involved in the covid vaccination programme. We got my BIL a booster appointment using the online booking system as the GP hadn’t been doing covid vaccinations since the end of September. Don’t wait, be proactive as it was reported on our news last night that hospitalisations are increasing even for the double jabbed.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
From Val A whom lives in France. Trust Macron to be awkward again and put his personal vendetta before his country!

President Macron has just announced that from 15th December Over 65s will require proof of their Covid19 booster vaccination in order to access the Passe Sanitaire, otherwise testing will be required.

The Covid19 booster information does not appear in the NHS App - and this was their reply in response to a message:

"A domestic COVID Pass is generated for all users who have received a full course of an approved COVID vaccine - irrespective of whether or not they have received a booster vaccination. It is not necessary to demonstrate that you have received a booster dose as part of a domestic certification policy.

We are currently exploring whether and how boosters should be incorporated into the COVID Pass for Travel."

For anyone Over 65, and intending to travel to or through France after that date I would suggest you email the NHS team through the App itself, to ask when they intend to make this information available through the NHS App.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
From Val A whom lives in France. Trust Macron to be awkward again and put his personal vendetta before his country!

President Macron has just announced that from 15th December Over 65s will require proof of their Covid19 booster vaccination in order to access the Passe Sanitaire, otherwise testing will be required.

The Covid19 booster information does not appear in the NHS App - and this was their reply in response to a message:

"A domestic COVID Pass is generated for all users who have received a full course of an approved COVID vaccine - irrespective of whether or not they have received a booster vaccination. It is not necessary to demonstrate that you have received a booster dose as part of a domestic certification policy.

We are currently exploring whether and how boosters should be incorporated into the COVID Pass for Travel."

For anyone Over 65, and intending to travel to or through France after that date I would suggest you email the NHS team through the App itself, to ask when they intend to make this information available through the NHS App.
I really don’t blame the French as we are being. told resistance wanes with time. Even our own SoS is threatening similar actions for returning U.K. travellers not boosted. Sauce for goose ….

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I really don’t blame the French as we are being. told resistance wanes with time. Even our own Sos is threatening similar actions for returning U.K. travellers not boosted. Sauce fir goose ….
However even if you have had the booster the NHS app is not being updated to reflect the booster jab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts