Crack in caravan Help

Sep 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi i am thinking of buying a caravan but on closer inspection i noticed that at the front of it up above the window there is crack in the bodywork. It looks like something sharp has hit it. The dealer selling it said this will be put right before its sold but i am wondering would i be wise going ahead with buying this van or cud the crack lead to damp?

G

Difficult to answer without more information. If the van is relatively new then any repair will be warranted, however if it is fairly old, then you are taking a gamble that the dealer does everything correctly. My first instinct would to walk away and keep looking as there are plenty of vans out there, but if you have really fallen for the van, and the price is right, then discuss what warranty will be available. Also get a damp check done and signed off.

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
hello it depends really how big the crack is they can plastic weld it and this will sort it out and you won't ever know if its ever been a crack there .its up to you really the dealer should put it right if he said he would .its so many tools they can use these days to put things right.is should be ok just check it once they have done the work and it is guaranteed it will not come back if its satisfactory it should be ok

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
this is why it always better to repair your trade-ins before they go on sale. just suppose they make a complete hash of the repair for you.

i would suggest that you ask if you can leave a small refundable deposit on the proviso that if your happy with the repair and they guarantee it, then you will buy it. if your not happy with the repair, they refund the deposit and if they dont want to do that, then walk away.

Sep 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi, thanks for all the advice. We went looking at vans today again and decided on a different one! The dealer was prepared to sort the crack and stuff but me being the worrier that i am i would not have been happy!! Ended up buying a lovely 2007 compass 556.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts