Cracks ?

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
We've just been on holiday to France in our caravan and after we arrived I cleaned the side of the van where the awning would be 'cos it was so dirty. Whilst doing this, I noticed some strange marks running upwards from the awning skirt rail that weren't there before we left for our holiday

They are situated about 2 foot past the wheel towards the rear of the van and there are about four or five of them of varying lengths. They are a sort of pale brown in colour and if you rub your finger across them, you can feel a very slight ridge. They look like some sort of crack in the glaze. I'm not entirely sure what the side panels are made from, aluminium or GRP (aluminium I think) or whether that makes any difference. Coincidentally, there is also a mark on the strip above the rail. I don't know if this strip is aluminium or plastic with a coat of silver-coloured paint, but it looks like there is a piece of paint chipped off in exactly the same place as the brown marks.

Has anyone else seen anything like this or have any ideas what it might be? I've read various things about cracks/stress marks etc. in front and rear panels but can't find anything similar to this. I'm a bit worried.

The van is a 2006 Coachman VIP.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
if I was you I would get them check out by a dael as the van shud still have its waty be caer full as some bits of your waty chagen ater the fist yaer so get it look soon.

Mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts