Craig Tara

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just booked 4 nights at half term, has anybody been? I know it's a Haven site and not to everybodys taste but with 4 kids and me wanting time to read my book it seemed the best option. Only concern is last Haven Park we stayed at (Haggerston Castle) was past its best. All comments gratefully received.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi Claire,

If you thought Haggerston Castle was past it's best........

I would not recommend Craig Tara.

Try Brighouse Bay near Dumfries - superb.

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at Craig Tara in a static (whilst saving for the caravan we have now) to be honest it is the same as each Haven we have been to and like you it's nice to have a bit of peace and quiet when the kids are entertained and lets face it Haven seem to do that pretty well and I think thats the main reason anyone goes back. I never looked at the touring part when staying there but in general the park was clean - in fact it was about this time of year we went. Take your storm straps for your awning though it was windy. Have a good time.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
If your kids are old enough to go and play on their own you'll be fine.

If not you won't find much book reading time, the playparks and amusement, etc are miles from the touring area, which is more like a market car park.

The swimming pool is fantastic, and the entertainment as you'd expect from Haven.

As long as you can stand the Ayrshire "can't really be bothered" attitude you'll be fine.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all - thanks for the comments, just come back and we had a great time. the site was clean and the staff were friendly. See what you mean about the touring park - not an ideal situation but as our kids are older it was fine. Planning our next trip already - skiing at Aviemore in Feb. any suggestions

Apr 17, 2007
Visit site
This site opens in mid December right through. It is very popular has excellent facilities and Grantown is a very nice town. I use Braemar in winter [near the sking at Glenshee]. I noticed you were asking about High Range at Aviemore. At High Range you pay for everything, even your water!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts