Crash camera ... anyone use one ?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Smart witness,we have just fitted 40 of them.permanent pos,switched pos.neg.Job done.comes with sd card and installation disc.Well recomended.

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I use Car Camera which I bought on the Apple App Store. Use it on my 64gb i5 and gives me up to 30 mins recording time in HD with or without sound. I mount it to the screen using the iPhone screen mount.

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
This is a typical cash for crash incident
They run in pairs one cuts up his mate forcing him to brake hard so that the victim slams into the back of him
They then claim for damage to car & injuries
In incidents like this you need to get a photo of their car damage because in some cases there is only minor damage & when they remove their car it is presented to a repair shop needing a complete rear end :eek:hmy:
This is becoming more & more frequent as it is easy money for the fraudsters.
It has been highlighted on a tv programme called claimed & shamed
Good luck

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter what make you choose as long as the picture quality is decent.
Yes the recorded film is admissible in an insurance claim.
I started to use one 4 years ago as it helped to prove who was at fault on a roundabout crash.
I also saw a great sign when joining the M1 at London "protect yourself get an in car camera" Metropolitan Police.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a claim on-going at the moment supported by "Dash Camera" footage.
My insurers say it should ensure a 100% recovery of all costs and no loss of no claims.

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I see that Lidl have a dashboard camera as one of their "specials" on sale this Thursday 31July.
£39-99 plus SD card. I'm tempted
Mike

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
intransient1 said:
It doesn't matter what make you choose as long as the picture quality is decent.
Yes the recorded film is admissible in an insurance claim.
I started to use one 4 years ago as it helped to prove who was at fault on a roundabout crash.
I also saw a great sign when joining the M1 at London "protect yourself get an in car camera" Metropolitan Police.
yes now all we need is for the police to actually use the footage and take action.... we have them fitted to our lorries the other day one of our lorries had to slam on his brakes as a car pulled on onto a carriageway from the slip road almost into the side of the lorry. worse it was congested and everybody was already breaking...he made the mistake of pointing out how stupid she was. enter the police who wanted to take action against him for err pointing out how stupid her actions were! footage came in handy to send them packing. but the point is she thought she had right of way clearly give way lines meant nothing to her, her actions were clearly dangerous if only to herself and the police were more concerned about his pointing out her error...we even mentioned it to the police that maybe they should point out to her that those broken lines mean give way..waste of time that was in not so many words were told, not to say anything at all as they'd gotten a complaint from the women's husband . so yes forward and rear facing camera's that record seem the only way to go to protect yourself and your licence. oh and remember to keep or look calm and leave the camera running if you do think its wise to point out the highway code to some idiot..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts