Craving a caravan trip

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone. Just sharing some thoughts.... We have just returned from a lovely holiday in Greece in the sun. Don't get me wrong we had a wonderful relaxing time but I found myself on several ocassions dreaming of my caravan holidays and it reminded me why caravanning trips and caravanners keep drawing me back. The reasons?
Being away for 2 weeks we missed our dogs who were in kennels. They love going on the caravan.
At breakfast in our hotel people shoved to get to the buffet and many couldn't offer a smile or a good morning. On the caravan....cadac breakfast with friendly folk walking by with a smile or a wave. Need I say more?
At our hotel this year there was lots of bickering amongst returning families and lots who descended around the pool even if they weren't guests........it felt a tad claustrophobic. Caravanning offers a sense of freedom and if you were to not like the place then you can just move on....
2 weeks in the sun was lovely but roll on my next caravan adventure because it offers you a different holiday experience.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I know exactly what you mean as we have just come back from France and we were sitting there chilled out in shorts and maybe a vest top and barbecuing , we were just thinking the same thing as we don't have to get dressed up to go to eat whereas on holiday you've got to be dressed to go on for meals !
Luckily for us we manage to get away every fifth weekend so we are away again in a few weeks B)

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Sounds idyllic in France with the benefit of the weather. It has decided for us that we are having our longer main holiday on the caravan in Cornwall and if we have dodgy weather and need a sun fix then we will head off for just a week.

Jun 1, 2019
Visit site
You can't beat going away in the 'van! I'm on my third week away, lovely weather today but it has been somewhat changeable at times. The rain was so heavy, on the roof, the other day. That it actually left my ears ringing!

I've got my own bed and my own bathroom, only ever used by us, you can't have that in a hotel.

Feb 14, 2018
Visit site
Oh dear, for the first time in twenty years we are going to a holiday hotel in Greece.what if i do not like it ?? i cannot get up and move to another site,what if I find the pool is full of kids bombing what if what if ?? sorry but full of trepidation ...

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Oh dear rubbernecker! please don't be worried... we love Greece and have been going for 30 years. we have wonderful holidays. I was just reflecting on the differences between the 2 types of holidays and how i missed the caravan at points. each holiday has its merits! Honestly!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well we are packing today for a few days in Pembrokeshire. Hadn't banked on such hot weather as normally the dogs travel on the rear seat area with the bases raised where they can get aircon from the B pillar outlets. But having a 14 year old passenger makes for complications. Just spotted 1 kg of grapes and 12 tins of dog food ready for embarkation. The dogs only eat one tin per day between them., and we are only away five nights. But at least the cassoulet has all been eaten after having travelled to and from France a number of times.

Do they have shops in Wales? Eat local.... ......... :whistle:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
otherclive said:
Well we are packing today for a few days in Pembrokeshire.

In my experience you are rarely more than 30 minutes from a Tesco in Wales. Not sure it counts as eat local though. :p
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
otherclive said:
Well we are packing today for a few days in Pembrokeshire.

In my experience you are rarely more than 30 minutes from a Tesco in Wales. Not sure it counts as eat local though. :p
Mel

Keeps local people employed I guess. Think the grapes are a DIY kit for home made red wine!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts