Creacky Floor

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
At our last service, (Coachman 560 VIP , 2013) the service lad noted that we had a "Creacky floor" at the front of the van between the front seats, got the van home at last and yes there is a small "creack" not sure where from, sounds like floor to side upright panels,but have to get into it to check, a mate, mentioned it could be the chassie to the floor bolts being slightly loose, OK I will check that,
How many horror stories can you give me before a quick repair.
Thanks Hutch.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
At our last service, (Coachman 560 VIP , 2013) the service lad noted that we had a "Creacky floor" at the front of the van between the front seats, got the van home at last and yes there is a small "creack" not sure where from, sounds like floor to side upright panels,but have to get into it to check, a mate, mentioned it could be the chassie to the floor bolts being slightly loose, OK I will check that,
Thanks Hu,tch.
No horror story my Bailey had a creak and what I thought to be sponginess. It was slack fixings. All was well after they were tightened. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Seams odd to me that he said you had a creaky floor without Investigating or offering a reason. Unless he had already found that there was nothing serious.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Hutch.
I hope it just the floor bolts want to be tightened and it is fixed again
Good Luck

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I had one of them creaks, drives ya potty, mine was in the middle of van by centre dinette.
You try finding it!! You will........eventually after searching every nook and cranny and jumping up and down on the floor to make it creak, again and again.
Found it in the end,
Nothing to do with the floor!!
It was a screw that came loose in the storage box about 18 inches up.
Good luck in your search......you can rebuild it!!

Reactions: Mel and Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Next time I get the van home, I will get Lady Bacchus to plod up and down the Inside of the van, If then i haven't found anything I will get my heavy weight mate to do the same, and hopefully I can buy him two beers for finding the creack.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a seriously creaky floor in my previous van. On examination of the 50 plus screws fastening furniture bed boxes etc to the floor less than 10% were actually doing anything and thus adding to structural rigidity. The dealer added some bracing, but this did little good. I eventually took a video with sound showing my feet walking slowly up and down with accompanying squeaks and sent it to the manufacturer. They took the caravan back, did something and return it with a letter assuring me I would have no further problems. On return, the door handle for the wash room was in parts in the wash hand basin, various loose screws rolling about in the bed boxes and some squeaking still obvious..
Later in it's life the construction of this van proved to be somewhat fragile in a fairly minor collision which resulted in a write off, fortunately covered by new for old insurance.
I sincerely hope your story does not go this way, unless of course you would really like a new van anyway.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
No I would prefer to keep this van as Other than this creak its been very good, and still looks great. Bring van home next Tuesday, prior to going away so will check it all out then. And repost the findings.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well folks, I have got the van home today, and been underneath it not as many bolts there as i thought, well it looks like " My Mate " owes me two beers. 🍺🍺. It was the side panels and other fitments causing the creak, tightened up as many as I can, and will get some next size up to replace the ones that feel as though they are about to pull out.
All good again, another job to be done on wet days i suppose.

Reactions: WayneS
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well folks, I have got the van home today, and been underneath it not as many bolts there as i thought, well it looks like " My Mate " owes me two beers. 🍺🍺. It was the side panels and other fitments causing the creak, tightened up as many as I can, and will get some next size up to replace the ones that feel as though they are about to pull out.
At least you have fixed some for now .

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Interesting👍Your mate will tell you , as recorded on here many times, this is a once a year job. Tighten all screws but only to a pinch. I don’t like using larger ones unless absolutely essential. In fact using filler plugs of timber or plastic is often better than going large screws.
This mate of yours probably owes me a few beers over the years🍺🍺. Will you put this right at The Rock Inn, landlady excepted🤪🤪🤪

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Told you you would find it eventually...well done

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts