CRIS Security outside UK

Dec 9, 2006
Visit site
I've just bought a new Elddis caravan, and I am wondering whether the CRIS security system has any effect in Holland or other countries other than UK. Or does the system only work in UK?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
You should have little to worry about when abroad, whether CRIS registered or not. Caravan thefts are almost unknown on the Continent, partly because in most countries they are registered and have their own number plate, just like the towcar (I've had mine stored for 15 years without an anti-theft device of any sort on a site secured by just one rusty padlock which would submit to defeat at the very sight of a pair bolt cutters).

Besides, UK models are so easily identifiable that they stick out like a sore thumb. The only people that I can imagine would steal a UK caravan would be UK residents.

Dec 9, 2006
Visit site
I'm afraid so, Roger. A lot of people around here park their caravans out in the street without even a hitchlock.
Thanks Roger, Lutz. Indeed, UK caravans are rare in Holland. Though tracing would be easy, I'd better locked the van carefully.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts