Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I rec'd a letter today from CRiS, asking if I had sold or had my caravan stolen. The reason for this letter they say was that someone had requested a new registration document for my van.

I telephoned and explained that I haven't had it stolen and no I hadn't sold it, I asked what did she think was going on and she simply explained perhaps they had got the number wrong, I said I didn't think that likely as they got the year, make and model and CRiS correct. She finished up by saying they would look into it.

Has any forum members had a similar experience?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
...... if the manufacturer produced a batch of the same model then the serial numbers may well be consecutive.

This could now lead to your situation if someone makes a mistake with the last digit!

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
I have my caravan registered with CRIS. They sent me the wrong etchings for the window but did not advise me until I had put CRIS mark on windows. My van now has different window no. to chassis number. Not pleased with service. They suggested I etch over mark and put correct one one!!.What would that look like??Fortunately I have letter from them which I carry so if I am stopped by police I have explanation for different id marks.

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
I have my caravan registered with CRIS. They sent me the wrong etchings for the window but did not advise me until I had put CRIS mark on windows. My van now has different window no. to chassis number. Not pleased with service. They suggested I etch over mark and put correct one one!!.What would that look like??Fortunately I have letter from them which I carry so if I am stopped by police I have explanation for different id marks.
Forgot to say I also got letter from they saying I had sold van-not correct. Seems whoever got my correct CRIS no. had sold their van!!!

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I also had a letter saying someone had requested to reregister my caravan. I rang and like you was told it was probably an error and it would be looked into. And of course a month later I had another call from CRiS saying they had a request to reregister etc.....so nothing had been done to sort it out. I was not pleased, and told them I would be extremely irate if they let the registration go through. I made a special journey to the storage just to make sure it was OK. The only thing they would tell me is that it appeared to be a fairly large dealership so that did reassure me somewhat that it wasn't a prelude to nicking the van.

Still a bit alarming that anyone can ask for a replacement and the checks appear to be a bit shaky.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts